PDA

View Full Version : Cyclo/PC Upholstery brushes

JasonD
07-21-2005, 08:11 PM
How many of you use these? Are they any good? Do you prefer to use them on the PC or the Cyclo, and why?

Corey Bit Spank
07-21-2005, 08:21 PM
I like them on the cylco. They make quick work of mats.

Couldn`t imagine they would be very affective on the PC though.

JasonD
07-21-2005, 08:26 PM
I didn`t think they would be all that great on a PC, but on the Autogeek site they mention that the brushes will work on both, and I was just curious if anyone tried that. If it did work on the PC, you would only have to buy one brush and they are around $15 each.

If you buy two brushes of each grade, you will end up spending around $120. :eek:

imported_themightytimmah
07-21-2005, 08:29 PM
That`s all I use my PC for anymore, I like it. You need to use low foaming shampoos or you can make a real mess on "6". I should probably get another one and use em on my Cyclo, bet it`d work better.

imported_WCD
07-21-2005, 09:13 PM
2 of the brushes should cost you about $27 plus shipping. The Cyclo brushes do fit right into the PC polisher. Most sites probably don`t sell only one brush since most sales are for the Cyclo, but you can always ask. IMO I would buy 2 since a vendor will want a larger cut if breaking a set. Maybe get one white and one aqua- aqua is softer than the white.

Rob Regan

JasonD
07-21-2005, 09:32 PM
I think I`m just going to have to give these a whirl. I just can`t stand to scrub another mat by hand. This just HAS to be better.

Rob, I noticed that Cyclo offers a black extra stiff brush in addition to the white and aqua. What do you think about this one? Is it too stiff for most applications, or just right?

scottabir
07-21-2005, 09:40 PM
This just HAS to be better.

You are correct sir! I use the white bristled ones on carpets and mats with the PC on speed 3ish and it works like a champ. I personally dont think a stiffer bristle is needed. Let your carpet shampoo/spot remover sit for the recommended time and it will be a breeze to brush out. I dont think you will be disappointed if you end up buying these.

imported_WCD
07-21-2005, 11:11 PM
The black one is geared towards bedliners and would be too tough. The white ones would be a good choice if buying one brush. There is a charcoal brush that is even more mild than the aqua for leather and softer fibers.

Rob

MattZ28
07-22-2005, 06:24 AM
I haven`t used them with a Cyclo, but I`ve used the white standard carpet brush sold by Autogeek w/the PC with great success. Its eems to be a pretty versatile brush...that and the Aqua Soft for more delicate carpet/upholstery.

The ones I am talking about are here: http://autogeek.net/cyclo-brushes.html

Matt

imported_WCD
07-22-2005, 08:02 AM
Those are the ones that are made by Cyclo and most Cyclo dealers sell them also.

Rob