PDA

View Full Version : NXT Generationâ„¢ Tech Wax

Pages : [1] 2

imported_WCD
07-21-2005, 02:42 PM
My neighbor was referred to this product. As I do not use anything from a retail outlet in terms of products, does anyone have info. on this?

Is it a liquid, paste, spray wax?

Does it have any cleaners/abrasives?

He has a brand new custom ordered Infinity being delivered and wants to make sure it maintains its look.

Also, any high quality leads for car covers is needed.

Thanks, Rob

ScubaStevo
07-21-2005, 02:43 PM
My neighbor was referred to this product. As I do not use anything from a retail outlet in terms of products, does anyone have info. on this?

Is it a liquid, paste, spray wax?

Does it have any cleaners/abrasives?

He has a brand new custom ordered Infinity being delivered and wants to make sure it maintains its look.

Also, any high quality leads for car covers is needed.

Thanks, Rob

Liquid or past

Yes to both.

Doesn`t have much life ie. 5-7 weeks.

No idea about car covers.

There ya go, nice and blunt :)

wannafbody
07-21-2005, 03:01 PM
for OTC its a good product. Mothers Reflections is easier to use tho. maybe you could suggest a good boutique product.

imported_themightytimmah
07-21-2005, 03:03 PM
You can get it in a liquid or paste, its a decent sealant, great defect hider. One of the better consumer products, actually quite good on metallics. It`s got nothing on Souveran, etc, though. Mild cleaning ability. I used to use it as my go-to LSP before I got heavily into pro detailing. Tell him to be careful about the cover ive seen some serious damage done by them in sandy/windy conditions.

ZaneO
07-21-2005, 03:03 PM
I don`t know how it`s possible not to have heard of this product at some point if you are in the detailing world :nixweiss

Controversial product...some really like it...some really don`t.

Decent appearance with limited durability (in most people`s experience). Has some cleaners/abrasives.

Do a search. I got over 280 results in this section alone.

imported_WCD
07-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Thanks. I didn`t mean to imply that I had not heard of it, just that I have not used or seen it used and he is shopping today.

I will email him the thread and since there are some cleaners in the product, I think I will motivate him to a different product being that the car is new. I`ll have to check the paint since it was ordered and I have no idea what happened while it was being trucked out to CA. Could have rail dust, or other fallout on the car.

Muchas Gracias,

Rob

ZaneO
07-21-2005, 04:14 PM
Good luck finding him the right product :xyxthumbs

Siggyboy
07-21-2005, 04:24 PM
I like NXT Tech Wax. For a brand new car though, I`d just properly wash it (with good shampoo, such as NXT Car Wash and a sheepskin mit) clay it, and then wax with a pure carnuaba.

imported_truzoom
07-21-2005, 04:32 PM
It really isn`t too bad of a product, although I doubt I will buy more again as my current bottle is running low. There are much better alternatives to it.

Setec Astronomy
07-21-2005, 05:55 PM
...since there are some cleaners in the product, I think I will motivate him to a different product being that the car is new.

For whatever this is worth, even tho NXT has some mild cleaners in it, I would never describe it as a "cleaner wax", not even close.

JeffM
07-21-2005, 06:44 PM
I enjoyed using NXT, but it stains trim, so i put it on the back burner.

It is really easy to use, and buy, and produces an excellent look, one of the better OTC products out there though.

JustinR32
07-21-2005, 07:04 PM
I enjoyed using NXT, but it stains trim, so i put it on the back burner.

It is really easy to use, and buy, and produces an excellent look, one of the better OTC products out there though.

I`ve never had the stain trim issue using it myself.

Otherwise, although I personally like it and use it, IMO peoples` opinions and results vary so wildly that I`d have a hard time recommending it (FOR THAT REASON ONLY). When I recommend a product I`d like to be sure that my results are duplicated. I`ve seen too many lackluster appraisals of the product from people whose skills I trust. It might be because we have a different "eye", or prefer different qualities, I dunno. I think it`s great, but I`m not everyone else.

Tom

Alfisti
07-21-2005, 08:53 PM
WCD, I think its a good wax, in my experience. It has too many things going for it to be ignored.

Don`t let the mild cleaners it contains put you off...the`re actually desirable on a non pre-polished finish. Even a new car will have some surface contaminants that won`t wash off...and you don`t want them sealed under your wax.

EdLancer
07-21-2005, 08:57 PM
NXT Tech Wax is a great product for darker color cars, especially reds, blues and blacks, it has chemical cleaners contary to the belief of many that it has abrasive cleaners. Think of it as a sealant like Klasse AOI and top it with a thicker wax like #16 or 845IW

imported_wblynch
07-22-2005, 10:17 AM
I am a great fan of Meguiar`s products.

When I first used NXT Tech Wax I was quite impressed. But since then I had one bottle go bad and they graciously replaced it with the NXT Paste wax. I used the NXT Paste two wekends ago on my red Mustang and was not happy. I get blotches and streaks, even on freshly clayed and polished paint.

I have one black car, (new), one silver car (new) and one red car (old). I am not satisfied with NXT on any of these cars.

I have come to hate NXT Tech Wax and I don`t like the NXT Spray (booster) Wax, nor the NXT spray detailer. Except for the car wash shampoo, I now avoid the entire NXT product line.

I still like their other products though. I am very happy with their Gold Class Wax and I love the #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax.

I got a can of #16 Mirror Glaze when it was discontinued and that is fabulous stuff. The only problem is it has been discontinued and is very difficult to find now.

I would recommend your friend try Meg`s #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax. It is very gentle on the paint. It has great shine, nice slickness and seems to last longer than NXT or Gold Class.