PDA

View Full Version : help w/paint trnsfr combo

Asonyexec
07-21-2005, 10:43 AM
i know this will tough to advise on but anything you can do to help would be appreciated. OK driving along when a van kicks up a 6x6 sheet of some very thin plywood (almost looked like cardboard) one side of the cardboard was painted white. Along the very most forward edge of the front bumper the wood must have scraped and now the very edge has a layer of that white paint on it. I cant scrape it off with my fingernail so it`s on there pretty good. I know this front edge of the bumper is where most pros say to take it easy because it has the thinnest layer of paint.

in my arsenal:

a. PC DA

b. chicago electric rotary

c. complete line of sonus pads

d. meg`s med cut cleaner

e. meg`s fine cut cleaner

f. meg`s swirl remover

g. meg`s #83 & #80

h. turtle wax rubbing compound (clay looking red in a can)

i. SSR 2.0

j. AIO

any suggestions on where to start and what tool to use????

THX

imported_Neothin
07-21-2005, 10:55 AM
Maybe try a clay bar? If the paint is only on top of your paint, the clay should in theory take it off. then again, i`m new at this so what do I know.

kompressornsc
07-21-2005, 11:02 AM
Maybe try a clay bar? If the paint is only on top of your paint, the clay should in theory take it off. then again, i`m new at this so what do I know.

You know enough. :)

Yes, clay would be my first choice-no sense in complicating things. By the time you typed out your arsenal of chioces, clay would hav taken it off. :)

Asonyexec
07-21-2005, 12:03 PM
ahh ok that claying sounds easy. I do have the 2 different meguiar`s clay bars - one is a bit more abrasive than the other, I`ll have a go at it with those.

THX