PDA

View Full Version : REVIEW: Mothers Polishing Pad...(pics)

drewski59
07-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Well, I was frustrated with my chrome wheels. There was caked-on brake dust from my mother`s neglect(while I was at school).

I tried many things. I tried EO A2Z, diluted APC, full strength APC, clay....all with tons of agitation with some wheel brushes. I wasn`t sure how to get them looking "like new". :wall

So I decided "what the heck", I`ll try this Mothers stuff. It was a buck cheaper than the Eagle One Wadding polish.

It ended up being just what I needed. The wheels looked like new(after some serious elbow grease!). It wasn`t really that hard to work with, it just took awhile for all the wheels. I`ll let the pictures do the talking now:

This is a `before` pic of a wheel right after I cleaned it w/A2Z:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/drewski59/IMG_0056.jpg

And this is AFTER the Mothers:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/drewski59/IMG_0057.jpg

And here`s a nice reflection shot of the product:grinno::

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/drewski59/IMG_0058.jpg

BillyBarou
07-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Looks good Drewski. :)

DJ Trackie
07-20-2005, 03:52 PM
I`m kinda confused to what polishing pad IS exactly... is it a foam pad inside with the product? is it just paste?

Anybody have experience with mothers chrome polish?

imported_SilverStallion
07-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Is it abbrasive???

~Darren

stevet
07-20-2005, 04:10 PM
I think that is Mothers version of Never Dull. It`s a bunch of cotton treated with chemicals.

Well after looking at the picture of the container again I`m not sure. It says polishing pad and new so maybe it`s something else. I know Mothers does or did have a product that was like Never dull.

Alfisti
07-21-2005, 05:28 AM
That`s a dramatic difference! :eek:

I`ve never heard of the Mothers Polishin Pad.

Anybody have experience with mothers chrome polish?

I use it quite regularly...what do you want to know? :)

drewski59
07-21-2005, 05:54 AM
Sorry, I guess I wasn`t very thorough in my review. I didn`t have much time last night.

Okay, it is Mothers version of Never Dull. It`s a cotton-like material that`s embedded with polish.

It IS abrasive, but only slightly so. It grabs at brake dust and water spots and polishes them away. But it doesn`t leave any marring or scratches.

Way2SSlow
07-21-2005, 07:40 AM
I have to say that I am a fan of alot of the new Mothers products.

I recently put some polished aluminum wheels on my car that have no clearcoat on them. They were kinda oxidized, and definitely not looking their best (bought them used). The Powerball and Power Metal polish really made short work of them. I like wadding polish type products, but for wheels, I think the Powerball is the way to go. I also heard from Forrest that they are thinking of making a smaller powerball, and I am DEFINITELY looking forward to getting that one too as some areas of the wheel are hard to get to with the powerball.

I`m not one to buy a product because it is endorsed by a celeb or anything, but I have to admit I was interested in it when the Chip Foose commercial came on. Foose is the man!

stevet
07-21-2005, 07:58 AM
That Mothers version of Never Dull is not new it`s been around for a while. In fact I think it`s been discontinued. I don`t see it on their web site anymore. They discontinued Clear Coat Wheel Polish to, I really like that product. :(