PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Advice wanted!

richydelsolsir
07-20-2005, 03:01 PM
Hey all!

I`ve been lurking for a while, gobsmacked at the shinyness of the cars on here. I am pretty fastidious about keeping my car clean, and having heard such good things about a Porter Cable buffer I`ve decided I want one!

If it all goes well I fancy doing a bit of car detailing on the side for friends and family etc.

My questions are...... I`m a big fan of Meguires, and use the 3 step system on my Eunos Roadster, (with the 3rd step substituted for nxt). Are these cleaners polishes and sealents compatable with the PC? or should I buy some new stuff? (I`ve heard Meguires Speedglaze #80 is good?!?)

Also I was planning on buying the PC from autopia, in a bundle with Sonus pads, is that a good plan to get me started?

Lastly, What does everyone use to keep their black intereiors looking like new? I like a compromise between shiny and matt with an even colour all over! I`ve seen products reccomended, but 90% of the stuff mentioned is acronymed :-(

Any and all advice is gratefully received!

Many thanks in advance!

Richy

Lowejackson
07-21-2005, 04:55 AM
Welcome to Autopia

The PC is a very good investment I would not hesitate to recommend buying one. The Autopia package would be a good way to start. I cannot comment on the Meguiars consumer range but the pro stuff is good as is Sonus and many others.

As for the acronymed style of threads, have a look at http://autopia.org/forum/faq.php?faq=secret_decoder_ring

richydelsolsir
07-21-2005, 09:40 AM
Welcome to Autopia

The PC is a very good investment I would not hesitate to recommend buying one. The Autopia package would be a good way to start. I cannot comment on the Meguiars consumer range but the pro stuff is good as is Sonus and many others.

As for the acronymed style of threads, have a look at http://autopia.org/forum/faq.php?faq=secret_decoder_ring

Thanks for the link and info, and sorry for posting in the incorrect area! my bad :-(

edit: I tried the link in you sig, but it doesn`t seem to work?

Edit, edit: Ugh, just noticed the FAQ, really sorry, how many rules/guides did I manage break with one post :-(

the other pc
07-21-2005, 11:08 AM
:welcome

Yes, you can use Meguiar`s Deep Crystal three-step products with the PC.

I really like #80. It does a better job than the DC1 and DC 2 put together.

PC.

richydelsolsir
07-21-2005, 01:12 PM
:welcome

Yes, you can use Meguiar`s Deep Crystal three-step products with the PC.

I really like #80. It does a better job than the DC1 and DC 2 put together.

PC.

ohhh sounds good to me then! I`l get me order in! Slowly building up my collection!

Lowejackson
07-21-2005, 01:32 PM
Thanks for letting me know my signature was incorrect. I guess something must have changed recently. All fixed now :xyxthumbs

richydelsolsir
07-21-2005, 01:44 PM
cool thanks! that`s a great list, Always wondered where i could get simplegreen from...