PDA

View Full Version : How do you get rid of waterspots in the interior?

ncwlau
07-20-2005, 12:35 PM
My friend left the window opened a slight crack and then it rained pretty heavily

he says he got a bunch of water spots all over the interior, on the dashboard plastic and leather

vinegar and water is able to get rid of waterspots on paint, can you use it on the inside?

azure
07-20-2005, 12:55 PM
That friend happens to be me. I left the windows open less than an inch because it was supposed to be 90+ degrees and no chance of rain (stupid Fox news...). Luckly my coworker asked me if my windows were closed because it was pooring out :-O

Anyways, as soon as it stopped I went with paper towels and wiped down the interior. There`s a lot of water spots on the leather which I fear are perminant damage. It`s dull and discolored, kinda bluish purplish... then the water spots on the plastic and dash are more white, which i hope can be removed...

Any suggestions?

chml17l
07-20-2005, 01:29 PM
Leather is processed or tanned by soaking it in water for several hours or days. Clean rain would probably just darken the leather depending on whether it is coated or not. It sounds like the rain washed some other crap into the interior.

You could try a mix of 1:1 vinegar and water if the stains are really due to hard water. If there are still stains, you might then try a Woolite/water (1:6) solution and then follow with a pure water rinse/wipe. Good luck.