PDA

View Full Version : Rusty Carpets

Bigracefan
07-20-2005, 04:42 AM
How can I get rust stains out of carpet? It`s where the seat bolts to the floor. I`ve got a nasty set of 4 rust spots that I can`t get out no matter what. Please anybody?? :nixweiss

Black240SX
07-20-2005, 10:59 AM
Maybe oxalic acid would work?

Arved
07-20-2005, 11:12 AM
A product called "C-L-R?" Gets it`s name from it`s ability to remove Calcium, Lime, and Rust stains.

I`ve never tried it on carpets or upholstery, but I haven`t had any rust stains on my carpets, either. Available in most hardware stores I assume.

:bestwish

I`d definately replace the rusting hardware.

salty
07-20-2005, 11:34 AM
Are you not putting the seats back in? You can clean it but the stains will come back as soon as you put the seats in.

I have heard lemon juice or maybe vinegar will work, mild acid. I use a product made for carpet rust and it works most of the time. Be careful with the other products stated as i don`t think they are made for carpet.

Bigracefan
07-20-2005, 12:33 PM
Are you not putting the seats back in? You can clean it but the stains will come back as soon as you put the seats in.

I have heard lemon juice or maybe vinegar will work, mild acid. I use a product made for carpet rust and it works most of the time. Be careful with the other products stated as i don`t think they are made for carpet.

I removed the rust on the seat rails and repainted them. What is that product you were talking about?

salty
07-21-2005, 12:05 AM
Off hand i don`t know, it was bought at a vacuum cleaner shop. I will look tomorrow.

EdLancer
07-21-2005, 12:16 AM
Mix CLR with water and use a toothbrush and soak up with paper towel.

salty
07-22-2005, 12:04 AM
The name of the product i discussed is Rust Spot ` R, bottle says it a safe alternative to acid products. As stated it was bought at a carpet cleaning store.