PDA

View Full Version : tried meguiars gold class rich leather...

ptownTSI
07-19-2005, 10:52 AM
Its their cleaner/conditioner. I was not happy with this product. It does not have a good smell, did not leave the leather looking "conditioned" and then left some sort of white residue on some of the surfaces?

did i do something wrong? not put it on thick enough? The bottle said to wipe off, but when i was done there really wasnt anything to wipe off. I was happier with lexol conditioner before.

I`ve heard of people talk about all these leather products, but I dont seem to see a definitive "best" or favorite.

ryeh2o
07-19-2005, 11:17 AM
The Zaino leather condioner Z10 I think it is, works and smell GREAT!

travisdecpn
07-19-2005, 11:38 AM
I don`t care for the cleaner/conditioner either. It has never lived up to my expectations. If you want to stick with Meg`s products the Gold Class Rich Leather Spray is a superior product. There are other companies that also make great leather care products though.

wannafbody
07-19-2005, 12:36 PM
I think the Megs Rich Aloe Conditioner is pretty decent as long as you allow it to soak in and dry. Zaino Z10 gets quite a bit of raves especially for smell

ptownTSI
07-19-2005, 12:42 PM
maybe ill try the Z9/Z10. is there a place to buy besides zainobros.com? or is there another product that isnt 10/8oz . chemical guys is around $25/gallon for their conditioner.

imported_Amused
07-19-2005, 01:02 PM
this might sound odd, but i like to use Coach leather conditioiner(moisturizer), as in Coach handbags. i have a bottle of the stuff and it really seems to give the leather life again. you can let it soak for 10 minutes and buff off if the leather is a bit dried out. in the morning you`ll be pleasantly surprised how nice the leather feels. give it a shot if you have a coach store near you. it only costs $8 for about 6-8oz, can`t remember exactly the size. i also use it on my belts, what it was bought for :lol

tom p.
07-19-2005, 02:24 PM
Lexol has always been 100% satisfactory in my applications...no complaints at all. Just got a bottle of the spray TW Cleaner/Conditioner....will try this evening.

blackcarwoes
07-19-2005, 04:53 PM
I thought i had a bad bottle of Gold class leather conditioner, i guess it really does suck. When used it on my black leather it didnt seem to do anything. I got Lexol from proper auto care last week and it is awesome. If theres a pep boys in your area, they should carry it.

Steve530
07-19-2005, 05:23 PM
Leatherique. Totally unique. Lots of work and expensive, but the results are worth it.

ptownTSI
07-20-2005, 01:07 AM
i went to the store and got lexol cleaner and lexol conditioner. got a 12oz thing of 303 as well. disaster was averted. i`m definitely a lexol fan. But the cool smell of the Z10 sounds cool. Maybe i will pick up some Z10 for my car but stick to lexol for everyone elses. :)

tom p.
07-20-2005, 06:54 AM
I tried the TW spray cleaner/conditioner last night. The odor instantly reminded me Cutter`s "Aloe" bug spray.

The TW goes on easy, it`s less viscous than Lexol and is easy to work with. However, I witnessed little change in the condition of the leather - - for better or worse. I rubbed it out this morning and it didn`t appear I had made any application whatsoever. I was a little mystified.

I will qualify this by saying the leather I applied it to was not dirty and in excellent/as new condition. Perhaps dirtied or older leather would show more improvement.

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/3089/TW.JPG

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/3089/TWr.JPG

Asonyexec
07-20-2005, 09:03 AM
I`ve always been a lexol guy myself. I figure that`s all they make, that`s what they specialize in, and they`ve been in business for years so they must know what they`re doing. Not to mention they`re reasonably priced.

ptownTSI
07-20-2005, 10:29 AM
reasonable priced is right. 6.99 for like 12oz vs 10.25 +9 shipping for zaino z10

Yaemish
07-20-2005, 01:43 PM
I did the Leatherique process to my Caddy last week (not sure I used enough oil) but it is hands down the best stuff I have ever used on leather. I plan on doing my Deville this weekend.

guy1138
07-22-2005, 12:38 AM
this might sound odd, but i like to use Coach leather conditioiner(moisturizer), as in Coach handbags.

My sister in-law worked at coach for awhile and said people bought it all the time for their cars. I`ll have to pick some up. My wife is loopy for their purses, so she`d probably be thrilled if I did her leather with this stuff.