PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Temp Medium Cut Power Leveler

rkf76
07-18-2005, 08:30 PM
Does anybody have any experience with the Hi-Temp brand of polishes/swirl removers? I`ve got some pretty gnarly swirls I need to get out of my white Monte Carlo and I`ve been using Meg`s #2 but it gives me fits. It`s a PITA to remove, and even when used with a cutting pad, does next to nothing when used via PC. I have a rotary, and it does good at cutting when used with a cutting pad, but it`s a beotch to remove, slings like crazy, and don`t get it on your trim or windows, it`s brutal to get off. So I want something that has a more agressive cutting ability and is alot more user friendly. I know there are plenty of other products out there you guys may recommend, but I want to know specifically about Hi Temp products.

detailthis
07-18-2005, 09:13 PM
As far as user friendly Optimum Polish would be the way to go. Used with a cutting pad or a wool pad it should be agressive enough for what u want to do.

rkf76
07-18-2005, 09:32 PM
As far as user friendly Optimum Polish would be the way to go. Used with a cutting pad or a wool pad it should be agressive enough for what u want to do.

read again......"I know there are plenty of other products out there you guys may recommend, but I want to know specifically about Hi Temp products."

6']['9
07-18-2005, 09:34 PM
to answer you ? all Hitemps swirl removers are pretty good. Ive used the MC with a PC and a rotory and it works great.

rkf76
07-18-2005, 09:44 PM
[`9"]to answer you ? all Hitemps swirl removers are pretty good. Ive used the MC with a PC and a rotory and it works great.

I too have a rotary and a PC. Is there a dramatic difference between the two as far as the end result using MC? Reason being, I`d rather use the PC as it`s less likely to induce swirls and is overall easier to use, why should or shouldn`t I?

6']['9
07-18-2005, 09:59 PM
well i used it on a 95 camaro with an orange pad and a PC and the outcome isnt too notice able whether with rotory or pc other than if you remove the swirls or not. But all the Hitemps light,medium, heavy, extrme cuts finish out very nicely. sometimes if the MC/PC dont cut it then ill go to a rotory and or MC or HC etc.. But depending on what your working on you should just try it with the PC first and work your routine from there. IF you have heavy webbing from there try the rotory and the MC with a polishing or cutting pad and then go fromthere.

MorBid
07-19-2005, 12:54 AM
All of Hi-Temps Products work great (I have and use the light, medium, and Heavy Cut Levelers).

You should have no probelms.

Mind you I only use them w/a Rotary (no paitence to learn how to use the PC)

rkf76
07-19-2005, 07:32 AM
All of Hi-Temps Products work great (I have and use the light, medium, and Heavy Cut Levelers).

You should have no probelms.

Mind you I only use them w/a Rotary (no paitence to learn how to use the PC)Yeah, a rotary usually makes lighter work of it, given you have medium to heavy swirls. I`m definitely on the heavy end so using my rotary may be inline as well. Thanks for the input.