PDA

View Full Version : Honda`s don`t need to be waxed!

Pages : [1] 2

eric77
07-18-2005, 11:23 AM
:har: :har:

I went over to my neighbor`s house a few minutes ago to talk to her about detailing her honda mini van. Apparently when she bought the car the stealership told her the car NEVER needs to be waxed and the carpets never need to be cleaned. :laugh: :laugh:

Setec Astronomy
07-18-2005, 11:32 AM
Many years ago my father was ill and we had a nurse in the house who had parked at the bottom of our somewhat steep driveway. It was snowing, and she asked me if I thought she would be able to get her car out. So I asked her if she had snow tires. Her reply was, "No, I have a Honda". Thinking she misunderstood me, I asked again, if she had snow tires. Again, her reply was "I have a Honda", so I said "YES, but do you have SNOW TIRES?", so she told me that she had a Honda and didn`t need snow tires...

Lowejackson
07-18-2005, 11:32 AM
In that case my next car will be a Honda and I can sell/bin all my detailing supplies apart from stuff for the tyres and vinyl :)

Nick M
07-18-2005, 12:14 PM
My Honda certainly needs to be waxed, but when she goes in for a service, I always make the statement, no car wash please and wipe your feet before you get in :bigups

Accumulator
07-18-2005, 12:14 PM
The salesman told my dad`s second wife that her (single stage) Volvo didn`t need waxed, and by the time I saw it it was oxidized something awful. I shined it all up and waxed it, and she read me the riot act for "using wax on her special paint" :rolleyes: She actually wanted me strip it off (didn`t happen).

a.k.a. Patrick
07-18-2005, 12:19 PM
Truthfully, they dont! But having half a brain would tell you, its the best thing to deter premature wear and tear......Not to mention they look so much purdier...... :waxing:

imported_norahcrv
07-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Sounds like your neighbour fell victim to the "special protection package" that some unscruplous Honda dealers are adding to the purchase of all new Hondas. :nono

The dealer I bought the V from a year ago, did not (and to the best of my knowledge, still does not) automatically add this on, but I have seen it at other dealers! :(

LamboJay
07-18-2005, 12:34 PM
LOL!! Salesman tried to sell me a special package to "seal the paint" when I bought my wife`s car. They wanted some ungodly amount. I just laughed at him :rofl

NickcZ28
07-18-2005, 01:02 PM
Hey Lambo...I laughed at the dealer when they wanted to forever "seal" the paint on my kids new `05 Mustang. I pretended to be real interested at first, he told me it would be an additional $500.00. At that point I handed him my detailing business card and told him I could do it for a lot less! The guy was basically speechless at this point.

Richt
07-18-2005, 01:44 PM
LOL, I loved the salesman trying to sell me paint protection when I ordered my car... I was feeling cruel so let him do the speech!

JasonC8301
07-18-2005, 02:40 PM
I also assume she said the dealer said never to change the oil, LOL. My dealer is different I guess, he actually knew what he was talking about, steered me away from the black car because he said it`ll interfere with my life in terms of taking it away and he could see me washing my car twice a day, LOL. So, he said dark silver/gray, looks good, and doesn`t require that serious of a upkeep (not as much as black.) He even said the 7500K oil change was kind of pushing it (I get it done every 3K with Mobil 1.)

Damn, some people just can be so uninformed and out of it, oh well what makes our cars get more attention for looking clean and purtty.

Scottwax
07-18-2005, 03:48 PM
I detailed a Corvette a while back that had never been waxed in 5 years because the salesman told the guy it didn`t need to be waxed because it had a clearcoat. 4 hours later, he knew he had been lied to.

a.k.a. Patrick
07-18-2005, 03:56 PM
Scott, your one of the better abled detailers who can make one feel embarrassed......LOL..

stilez
07-18-2005, 05:25 PM
Dealer applied paint sealant and Scotchguarding, respectively.

imported_Larry A
07-18-2005, 06:31 PM
No car NEEDS to be waxed. At the same token nobody needs sex,nobody needs fun, nobody needs freedom, nobody needs a family, nobody needs friends, we just like it that way. My daughter bought a new Ford and the dealer talked her into the paint sealant and scotch guard, but in her case its a good thing , after the dealer does her car that will be the last time the car will be clean.