PDA

View Full Version : What happend here?? (business realated)

Pages : [1] 2 3

stluciedetail
01-03-2005, 07:46 PM
2 months ago i had 500 detailing flyers made for my "business." What i did is put them in clear bags with rocks in them and threw them in peoples driveways. NO CALLS.

I had 4 different services i give.

1. Full service wash- Wipe inside, vaccum, door jams, engine, outside and dress everything. $19.99 & up.
2. Wash and wax- Same thing but with wax. $39.99 & up
3. Budget detail- same thing but polish paint, full clean and dress interior, get stains out of carpet, dress engine, few more things... $69.99 & up
4. Full Detail - same thing but remove scratches, paint sealant, shampoo carpets and just clean everything. ( i forgot what the flyers said). $99.99 ^.

Was that good? i dont know what went wrong here. Now that i have my PC, you guys, and im confident of what i can do, i want to get new flyers made. Any suggestions would really help me out .

Zach

Woob
01-03-2005, 07:53 PM
Ahhh the idea of having rocks in bags with your flyer isn`t the greatest idea IMO. Maybe it was the neighborhoods or areas? Not professional enough? :dunno

stluciedetail
01-03-2005, 08:05 PM
i dont know. i know its kind of half ass and i am in florida, where people dont like to spend money. its just something for now untill im move back to jersey.

kimwallace
01-03-2005, 08:31 PM
My personal opinion here is that the bag in the driveway would be a big turn off. At least it would be to me and I live in a nice neighborhood. At the very minimum buy the bags that you could hang on someones door knob. Better yet, knock on the door and just hand the person the information .... no sales pitch ... just hand it to the person and say, "here is some information about some services I offer, thank you for looking it over" have a nice day ... and walk on. People are more likely to respond to someone who puts some effort into what they believe (are trying to sell)
Just my opinion:)

AMDin93103
01-03-2005, 09:08 PM
. . . knock on the door and just hand the person the information .... no sales pitch ... just hand it to the person and say, "here is some information about some services I offer, thank you for looking it over" have a nice day ... and walk on :bigups

I made 100 simple post-card sized flyers explaining my services without prices. After a change of residence, I went door to door and introduced myself as the new guy in the neighborhood who just happens to be a detailer. I added a little "if you should have any questions or would like to request my services, I am right around the corner" sorta thing and made an exit. Took me a slow afternoon on day. I think I paid $30 for a friend at a shop to print them up and have gotten at least a few jobs out of them.

norahcrv
01-03-2005, 09:18 PM
:yeah

Sorry, but bags with rocks on my driveway go straight in to my trash can.

zesty-man
01-03-2005, 09:21 PM
yea, i agree that rocks in bags isnt a good idea. i would take it offensively if someone threw that in my garage. i think next time you should leave the rocks out, and i dont think the bags are necessary either. just confront them......

P.S. where did u get all 500 of those rocks?

Nickc0844
01-03-2005, 09:21 PM
Time of the year as well....getting closer to the holidays and such :dunno

Keep trying though, I`m sure some people at least took the time to read it over, so your name is out and about.

vdubbya
01-03-2005, 09:32 PM
The rock in the bag idea is not the best. I had someone driving around in my neighborhood a few years ago at about 1am doing the same thing. My bedroom window was open and I could hear this sound but couldn`t quit place it. I thought someone was tossing eggs at our houses. So what did I do? I got out of bed and jumped in my truck and chased them down. I followed them for a few blocks and them they freaked out and stepped up the pace to lose me. I called the local police non-emergency number and gave the the info on the truck, plate number, and where we were at and headed. They guy finally stopped in a parking lot and just sat there and reved up his explorer. He then came straight for me and swerved just in tiime to not hit me head on and stopped by my drivers side window. I asked what the hell he was doing throwing eggs and he replied "I`m not throwing eggs, I`m throwing these" and he tossed me a bag with a rock and a business card. I let him know that I called the cops and they were on their way over. Cops show up and nail the guy for littering. End of story. Not a good idea! Just thought ya`ll should know.

stluciedetail
01-03-2005, 09:38 PM
yea, i agree that rocks in bags isnt a good idea. i would take it offensively if someone threw that in my garage. i think next time you should leave the rocks out, and i dont think the bags are necessary either. just confront them......

P.S. where did u get all 500 of those rocks?
got the rocks from my front yard. Nice white rocks.

Damn what a story. i know its not a good idea to throw the bags in driveways, thats why im probably going to do it again. Gives me something to do.

vdubbya
01-03-2005, 10:11 PM
Just don`t come to my neighborhood! :LOLOL

General Lee
01-04-2005, 10:12 AM
Someone else did your approach on another board. They used decent looking rocks as a "paper weight" in the clear bags and tossed them in the driveways. I now his buisness is doing well (so it seems). Maybe after a little more time passes the phone will ring.....

andriver
01-04-2005, 12:08 PM
I hope none of those rocks went through anyone`s window. LOL

Seriously, I agree with the consensus. Rocks are not a good idea.

CamaroZboy
01-04-2005, 03:17 PM
go the extra mile!

MattZ28
01-04-2005, 03:33 PM
Try going around Jensen Beach, Stuart, Palm City, etc.

Most people in PSL probably don`t want to bother spending that much when they can go to the local carwash down US1.