PDA

View Full Version : Powered, portable buffers?

BMW645
07-17-2005, 12:30 PM
Hello, I want to use a powered buffer to speed up the detailing of my car. (Incidentally, how many minutes would it cut down on?)

The problem is I live in the city. So, I don`t have a garage where I can detail my car. I have to go off hours to a local self-carwash service, to get my car detail. This means, I can`t use a powered buffer that I plug into a wall. But, I`ve been looking at portable buffers that run on battery, and I`m wondering if you think these are any good? Which ones do you recommend?

thanks.

MongooseGA
07-17-2005, 12:44 PM
I`m sure there are some tha I don`t know of, but the ones that I do know probably don`t have the power and/or life to do the whole car.

Good luck in your search.

By the way, you don`t need a garage to detail your car ;)

CloudKicker
07-17-2005, 01:03 PM
A portable drill maybe?

gbackus
07-17-2005, 01:08 PM
MY best advice would be to get a power converter that plugs into your cigratte lighter outlet and run the machine of your car battery. You may need to get a deep cycle battery or run the car while using the machine to avoid draining the battery.

imported_themightytimmah
07-17-2005, 01:21 PM
There is one that is decent, I forget the maker, but it won`t do much more than apply and remove wax. For real defect correction, you can`t beat a corded model. Do what J.J. does and run a 100` extension cord out your window down to your car. If you`re really set on going cordless, I`d reccomend an inverter and run a PC off of your car. If that won`t work, Top of the Line sells a true cordless polisher, it is pretty weak though.