PDA

View Full Version : Wheel acid sprayer

imported_pdsterns
07-17-2005, 10:50 AM
Is it okay to mix up the EO wheel acid (50/50) with water and store in a regular spray bottle or do you need something special?

imported_Intel486
07-17-2005, 11:05 AM
I`ve not had a problem with my Acid degreaser in plastic bottles. The only things I`ve experienced is certain chemicals killing the seals in sprayer head (PRO` Sol will do this overnight). You can get chemicl resistant bottles that are a little better and last longer, especially the sprayer heads. check out USplastics for a good selection.

I`m not sure how strong EO is in the first place but a 50/50 mix will take it down even more.

EBPcivicsi
07-17-2005, 12:35 PM
I store mine in regular spray bottles and have used the same bottled for about a year now. I use the standard grey "chemical resistant" sprayers. If you want them to last longer than a few uses, remove them after each use, spray soapy water through them, and replace on the bottle.

chml17l
07-17-2005, 01:14 PM
Acids definitely attack standard rubber seals. If you want maximum life from sprayers, you should use a polyethylene plastic sprayer with VitonĂ‚® o-rings or seals.

imported_themightytimmah
07-17-2005, 01:18 PM
Yeah, definetly use chemical resistant sprayers. I had Poorboy`s S+R burn right through the rubber seals in a regular sprayer. I`d assume EO acid would do the same, even if it was diluted.

stilez
07-18-2005, 07:24 AM
A chemical resistant sprayer has worked fine for me for months. I`ve gone through the better part of a gallon of acid and the bottle still performs at 75+% as new.