PDA

View Full Version : Wet sanded car, swirl removal, glaze before polish?

kiaser
07-16-2005, 11:01 AM
I`ve got some very minor swirls on my `94 black car. The car has been wetsanded before and the paint is very thin, but for 10 year old paint it is smooth as glass and in very good condition. I plan on starting with the least abrasive swirl cutter I have and a mild cutting pad with a PC. I also have a swirl remover for dark cars with filler that I was going to try after the cutting was finished with a finishing pad.

I have a few questions. Will finishing polishes or Klasse AIO end up removing any good the swirl remover did with fillers and, if so, is this step even worth the effort?

I`ve got 3M Perfect-It III Finishing Glaze and also a very nice non-abrasive finishing polish. In what order should a finishing glaze and a finishing polish be applied, or are they essentially the same thing?

I have some gaps or questions in my process so far as well, most as to what to apply a product with. My plan so far:

Wash

Clay

Wash

Spray with 50/50 Alcohol & Water

Swirl Cut w/Mild Cutting Pad

Swirl Remove w/Finishing Pad

Finshing Glaze w/FINISHING PAD or MF POLISHING BONNET <----------- SWAP ?

Finishing Polish w/FINISHING PAD or MF POLISHING BONNET <----------- SWAP ?

Spray with 50/50 Alcohol & Water

Klasse AIO w/TERRY or MF ?

Klasse SG w/TERRY or MF ?

Pinnacle Souveran Paste w/HAND or FINISHING PAD or MF FINISHING BONNET ?

Pinnacle Carnuba Spray w/FINISHING PAD or MF FINISHING BONNET ?

One last question, what`s the best way to remove the souveran paste and the carnuba spray? I was planning on using a MF finishing bonnet with the PC or would a simply MF towel wipe have the same effect?

zimmerDN
07-16-2005, 06:03 PM
I am new at this but doesn`t the AIO has cleaner effects (abrasive) as well?

kiaser
07-16-2005, 09:04 PM
I believe it does, but everything I read is saying to use AIO last before sealing.

salty
07-16-2005, 09:45 PM
wash

rinse well

clay while still wet

rinse well and dry

not sure on your products, but minor swirls might come off with polishing pads

50/50 mix to check, if not, try again or move up to mild cut pad

if happy then you could AIO, SG, Pinnacle

Last question , quality MF wipe