PDA

View Full Version : Mequiar`s VS 3M

dikat
07-16-2005, 09:00 AM
Hi everyone :welcome

Which product is better in durability, slicness depth and gloss and protection from sun and hi temp. (110 F or 38 C) ?

a. Perfect it show car peste wax

b. Mequiars N 26 Hi tech Liquid wax, or

c. Mequiars n 16 Paste wax? (I have in stock 2 cans)

:work:

I have used the two first (3M and N 26 ) and I cant deside. :nono

I bealive that mequiars is better than 3M in durability and gloss. :buffing:

I have a european silver Ford car and I wax it by hand. :up

Thank`s

Accumulator
07-16-2005, 09:46 AM
dikat- Welcome to Autopia!

I haven`t used the 3M since they reformulated it, but I find it interesting that you don`t see a difference between it and #26. I would`ve expected the #26 to add a little "depth" and/or "richness", even on silver (I`m quite familiar with silver ;) ). Maybe it`s because you`re using the #26 liquid as opposed to paste :nixweiss

I would expect the #16 to look pretty similar to the 3M, but again, I haven`t tried the lastest version of the 3M. Perhaps the differences I`ve heard about between the two 3M versions explains why it looks more like the #26.

The #16 won`t add depth/richness, but should make for a slick surface with a lot of gloss. I find #16 to last a good long time, and it`s almost "self cleaning" in the rain. Of the three you listed, the #16 would be my choice. FWIW, I usually use #16 on my wife`s silver A8. I`m confident it will last longer than either of the others.

Apply the #16 *very* thin. Most people use many times as much as is really needed. A can should last for many years even if you reapply frequently. If you have any trouble getting it to buff off, that means you used too much.