PDA

View Full Version : Hows does this sound?

CloudKicker
07-15-2005, 11:45 PM
Detailing my car sometime this week (Black Car). Please give me some tips and advice (Combination of products). Thanks.

Products I currently own AIO/SG, SSR 1/2/2.5, ClearKote VM/RMG/Carnauba Wax, Poorboy`s EX/EX-P/Nattys, and P21S.

1. Wash/Clay/Wash

2. SSR 2.5/1

3. AIO

4. VM

5. P21S

Or.

1. Wash/Clay/Wash

2. SSR 2.5/1

3. AIO

4. VM

> Which one first?

5. RMG

6. Natty`s or ClearKote Carnauba maybe?

Any wait time involved with any of these products? Thanks

White95Max
07-16-2005, 12:17 AM
AIO + VM + RMG would be a waste of time and products. Just go with SSR2.5 > SSR1 > RMG > Nattys. I`m not sure if there is a recommended waiting period after RMG. You don`t have to wait for Nattys really...just wax the whole car and then remove.

Anthony O.
07-16-2005, 07:28 AM
How about you wash your car, wheels, wheel wells, tires, body.... and then after rinsing the car clay it and then rinse it down? Why does everyone wash/clay/wash? It`s a waste of time people. Keep a 32oz soap solution (I label mine "clay spray) handy and spray-N-clay.

Why put on two different waxes? I mean do you really get any benefit from putting on P21S over VM which is applied on AIO? Since VM has cleaners in it you`ll just be messing around with the AIO, right? Your work line is redundant.

It should be :

AIO

P21S

The VM cancels out the AIO and the P21S may hinder the effects of the VM.

Keep it simple, concentrate on the prep and forget about layering one wax on top of another 10 layers of this or that wax.

Anthony

corsa_sport
07-16-2005, 11:35 AM
i`m using a similar thing

SSR 2.5 > SSR 1.0 > AIO > 4*UPP > natty`s

what you reccon?

imported_themightytimmah
07-16-2005, 12:25 PM
I`m gonna have to reccomend wash -> clay -> QD -> SSR2.5 -> SSR1 -> VM by machine -> RMG -> CMW. The VM + RMG combo will give AMAZING wetness. Focus on the prep work though, no amount of VM/RMG/wax is going to make up for a poor starting point.

You could probably skip VM if you wanted, but if you have the time I`d go for it.

AIO is just a waste of time unless you need chemical cleaning or a base for Klasse SG. I like PB`s PwC better than AIO, but I`m the exception on the forum. Most guys love AIO, YMMV.