PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Powerball on clearcoated wheels

samhian
07-15-2005, 08:07 PM
Does anyone know if you can use the new Mothers Powerball on clearcoated wheels? I would like to use it on my wheels with some AIO or VMW.

imported_Totoland Mach
07-16-2005, 03:33 AM
I use a powerball a lot on non-clear coated aluminum wheels and don`t see where you would get any benefit to using it on clear coated wheels. I treat clear coated wheels to polish if there are scratches in the coating, then wax and mf remove.

Remember, if you use the powerball with abrasive metal polish, it will really attack the clear coat finish!

Totoland Mach

Alfisti
07-16-2005, 06:19 AM
Yes you can. Powerball is just a foam polishing device that can polish any surface, including clearcoat, which is similar to your body paint.

Just as you can use AIO with a foam polishing pad, you can use the foam Powerball with AIO, cleaner wax, or any mild abrasive (to remove scratches) on your wheels` clearcoat.

imported_Totoland Mach
07-16-2005, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the tip Alfisti: I never tried it on clear coat wheels using AIO. The pwrball I have is loaded with metal polish for my alum Halibrands (non clearcoat). I`d probably have to wash the abrasive stuff out before attempting to use it with wax or AIO.

Intercooled
07-16-2005, 12:16 PM
Is the Power Ball in any retail stores? I`d like to try it out.

Cork
07-16-2005, 12:21 PM
I just bought one today and i love it on my non clearcoat wheels. I would be very careful on clearcoat wheels that you dont "burn" through the clear.

imported_Sullybob
07-16-2005, 12:27 PM
I have seen them in auto parts stores. I bought mime from a paint and body supply store.

Alfisti
07-16-2005, 04:18 PM
I just bought one today and i love it on my non clearcoat wheels. I would be very careful on clearcoat wheels that you dont "burn" through the clear.

The Powerball won`t burn through or damage the clear. Whatever polish one uses may do that, just like on your paint. The Powerball`s foam is like the foam on a blue pad, very gentle. Use it with a mild polish or cleaner and you`ll be fine.

Totoland Mach, just wash it like you`d wash a foam pad to get old polish out and you can swap and change products without any issues.