PDA

View Full Version : ???Safe to polish paint with tiny bubbles???

imported_MCA
07-15-2005, 07:10 PM
Hey folks,

I`m looking at doing a full detail as a birthday gift for my sister-in-law. She had her hood repainted about a year ago due to a "flying tire". Unfortunately, the body shop did a lousy job because the hood has developed quite a bit of bubbles about the size of pinheads. I was wondering if its safe to polish over these bubbles...I was planning to use my PC with the Menzerna twins (cutting pad and polishing pad). Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance.

MCA

NOTE: I do have the Meg`s twins (83/80) available if by chance IP/FPII would not work

braindead
07-15-2005, 07:48 PM
:cry:

Hey MCA,

A few years ago I had a similar mishap & had the roof repainted on a previous car... Didn`t notice them as my girlfriend picked up the car from the beater for me.

Unfortunately there were "bubbles" or "pin sized holes" in the paint. I tried to polish them out but more popped up as I was polishing!!! Not sure how they occurred tbh...

Took the car back to be re-painted! Sold the car a year later as I couldn`t get my mind off that roof. Maybe I have a problem? :(

Give Menzerna a try & see how you go. The body shop should have some sort of warranty on their work. Use it. If it`s an insurance job they tend to cover repairs for the life of the vehicle or the length of your ownership on some policies, at least they do downunder!!!

Best of luck in your endeavours...