PDA

View Full Version : I need to PC my new car...

CaliPhotog
07-15-2005, 04:47 PM
but I have nothing to practice on. Is it as easy as everybody claims it is? Should I just jump right in and give it a try on my car, or should I search for a victim?

imported_themightytimmah
07-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Yeah, go ahead. I wouldn`t worry too much about messing up with a PC, I`ve never done damage with one. I probably could if I made a REAL effort of it, but honestly it`d be easier to damage paint by hand than with a 6" pad and PC. Go for it, as long as you don`t get sand on the pads or something, you`ll be fine :).

travisdecpn
07-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Give it a go on your new car. If you start with a mild polish and light polishing pad, you have little to fear. After you get the hang of it, you can step up to a more aggressive polish/pad combo if needed.

CaliPhotog
07-15-2005, 04:58 PM
Sweet! Thanks guys. Alright, so after I get my light set-up workign I will be going at it tonite.

chevyguy28
07-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Should be fine. Watch DavidB`s video, or read a textual description of the process to remind you how it`s done.

Then don`t use an aggressive pad or polish, keep the speed reasonable, and it should go just fine. Have fun.

- J