PDA

View Full Version : tire shines

Pages : [1] 2

D4cmaN
07-15-2005, 02:09 AM
so far, ive had tried armor all spray and meguairs hot shine... armor all spray just didnt last long enough and the hot shine is very hard to remove...and lasts probably a week as well.

i want to know if there are any tire shines out there that last very long (more than a week) and gives the blackest/wettest to your tires? im a pretty local man so i usually get all my detailing equipment at the local autozone/kragen. i checked the reviews, but they dont do me justice :help:

sillystanger
07-15-2005, 04:11 AM
I love Zaino`s tire dressing... doesn`t sling, water based, and two coats leaves a wet look that will last pretty long (obviously depending on conditions such as rain)... I also use it on all my external black trim and it really impressed me there as well. Products like this that quickly make a dramatic difference are fun to use...

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-16&Category_Code=Zaino

tom p.
07-15-2005, 04:39 AM
Stay away from Armor All.

If you want want, try Meguiar`s NXT protectant or 3M`s Rubber & Tire Dressing.

stevet
07-15-2005, 04:53 AM
Stay away from Armor All.

If you want want, try Meguiar`s NXT protectant or 3M`s Rubber & Tire Dressing.

There is nothing wrong with Armor All. It`s water based just like 303, Megs #40, Vinylx, etc.

3M Rubber and Tire Dressing is awful stuff. It`s about 85% petroleum distillates by weight. How can this possibly be good for your tires?

Mothers new FX Tire Shine is excellent. High Gloss but not too much and excellent durability. Also water based with UV protection and dries fast with no sling.

jfelbab
07-15-2005, 08:31 AM
You might like Meguiar`s Extreme Shine. Very wet looking and it does last a very long time.

sQuashed
07-15-2005, 08:35 AM
You might like Meguiar`s Extreme Shine. Very wet looking and it does last a very long time.

:hifive: :bigups :hifive: This stuff I like !!

Adam Boca
07-15-2005, 11:26 AM
I love Zaino Z16. Put it on a foam applicator and rub it in...Great stuff..

chml17l
07-15-2005, 11:32 AM
Since you asked for locally avaiable, the Dupont Teflon Tire Shine is very long lasting and water based. However, it doesn`t have the shiney wet look you describe. It looks more new tire matte black. It is avaiable at both Advance Auto and sometimes Walmart.

tom p.
07-15-2005, 11:38 AM
3M Rubber and Tire Dressing is awful stuff. It`s about 85% petroleum distillates by weight. How can this possibly be good for your tires?

An excellent silicone oil-free rubber dressing !

Description:

A rich, emollient oil base, conditioner that cleans, protects and restores all exterior rubber and vinyl. Spray on a soft cloth, apply a thin even coat to the tire or rubber/vinyl trim and allow it to penetrate for a few minutes. Then buff off the excess with another soft cloth. Leaves a medium-gloss finish without any greasiness. May be used on all non-painted exterior rubber and vinyl trim. Several applications over time will help restore the black patina to slightly faded exterior rubber. (Our co-favorite exterior rubber/vinyl conditioner.)

ZaneO
07-15-2005, 11:40 AM
My longest lasting dressing are Zaino Z16 and Meguiar`s Natural Shine (applied with a tire swipe).

Good tire prep is essential for good dressing "adhesion." I scrub my tires with a diluted all-purpose cleaner and OXO tire brush.

stevet
07-15-2005, 01:09 PM
Tom P

That description in your post is from Car Care Specialties. It doesn`t mean anything. Check out the MSDS from 3M`S web site. It`s about 85% PD`s. This is not good for the tires. It is an oil base and high in PD`s. Now instead of quoting Larry Reynolds from Care Care Specialties why don`t you come up with some facts.

While you are at it please inform everybody why Armor All is not good and to be avoided? Considering the fact it`s water based and a PDMS dressing like 303, Megs 40, and Vinylx I would really like to see your answer.

imported_memnuts
07-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Clean tires well.

Z16 applied one coat per day times 4 days. This water based tire dressing will migrate into the rubber during application stages. As time goes by the migrated Z16 will leech to the surface maintaining a good gloss. Z16 will not sling if applied with tire swipe and will not cause tire to turn brown after a road trip in the rain. Z16 is very cost effective even with its expensive UV protection additives. This UV protection is very important to me because of the frequency in which I purchase tires (daily driver - 5-6 years and garage queen ~every 10 years minimum). A little goes a long ways.

Locally available good product. Meg`s Inzane Shine. Self-cleaning with each application (acetone) and last quite a while in nice weather. No sling also if applied with tire swipe and allowed to dry.

Both of these products can be titrated to the level of shine (matte to extreme gloss) you desire using swipe applicators.

BigAl3
07-15-2005, 05:12 PM
Mothers new FX Tire Shine is excellent. High Gloss but not too much and excellent durability. Also water based with UV protection and dries fast with no sling.

:bigups :up

imported_pdsterns
07-15-2005, 05:16 PM
I like Megs endurance shine, lasts longer that most. It is not super glossy though

III
07-15-2005, 05:23 PM
There is nothing wrong with Armor All. It`s water based just like 303, Megs #40, Vinylx, etc.

I agree with Illusion on his statements about armor all. You can get armor all just about anywhere and it`s cheap in price.

While I personally don`t use the stuff anymore, you might want to try Eagle One Wet Tire Shine a try.