PDA

View Full Version : New Black car and already swirls all over...Why?

Pages : [1] 2

Mordecaipsi
07-14-2005, 10:35 PM
I have washed, clayed, klasse AIO, klasse sg, then souveran. After i washed i dried with a california blade and also a microfiber short nap towel here and there.

I believe the reason for the swirls all over is possibly because of the moderatly heavy presure i had to use to remove the SG. It was VERY difficult to take off so when i used my microfiber towel i had to use some presure to remove it. But then when i got it out into the sun there were more swirls!

What could have caused this?

Perhaps the microfiber towel i used to buff? They were the ones from Sams Club. :wall

Also i ordered my PC and some ssr 2.5, 2.0, and 1.0.

Main thing is, i want to make sure i dont re-swirl it again when i reapply everything after i polish. Thanks for the adive all.

imported_themightytimmah
07-14-2005, 10:51 PM
It`s called "dealer-installed swirls". Any improper washing/buffing at the port of entry or dealership can cause some serious swirl marks. The cali blade could have cause it too. Next time, use a detail spray to remove the SG. That`ll help you use less pressure and avoid any possible swirl marks.

MorBid
07-14-2005, 10:54 PM
well you hit the nail on the head, Swirls can only come from a machine or a human rubbing something on the surface in circles.

Here`s a tip, never wipe anything off with any towel in a circular fashion. Always go back and forth. Same goes for washing.

Setec Astronomy
07-14-2005, 11:33 PM
And don`t use those Sam`s Club MF`s for buffing; use something of a higher quality.

Mordecaipsi
07-15-2005, 07:36 AM
Ok im gonna start over. To remove the KLasse aio/SG should i wash the car with dawn? Or maybe just polishing will remove it?

sQuashed
07-15-2005, 07:38 AM
The polishing will take care of it. Welcome to the insane world of Black Cars!!

Mordecaipsi
07-15-2005, 07:41 AM
But it wont hurt to just strip it off with dawn correct? I plan on resealing and waxing everything.

CaliPhotog
07-15-2005, 08:06 AM
It looks like you are as crazy as me... :bigups I have washed, clayed, blah. blah blah blah on and on and on about 5 times since I got my black car, 3 weeks ago. I am new to detailing so I expect there to be a learning curve, but from all the photos I see on here of other peoples cars I know that I didn`t make a mistake buying black. When you finally nail it nothing looks better than the black. OH, and no the Dawn wash won`t hurt anything.

MorBid
07-15-2005, 08:39 AM
You keep washing your car with Dawn (or any other dish soap) every week and we`ll see if it hurts anything.

CaliPhotog
07-15-2005, 09:05 AM
You keep washing your car with Dawn (or any other dish soap) every week and we`ll see if it hurts anything.

Why would I do that? He was asking if it would hurt anything to Dawn wash his car 1 more time to strip off most of what he has on there. It won`t

Mordecaipsi
07-15-2005, 09:10 AM
Yea, i didnt mean use it to wash every time. Just to strip it to the clear coat to prep it.

CaliPhotog
07-15-2005, 09:14 AM
Yea, i didnt mean use it to wash every time. Just to strip it to the clear coat to prep it.

:eek: DON`T strip the clear coat!!! :2thumbs: It`s cool, we know what you are talking about.

Accumulator
07-15-2005, 09:40 AM
Dawn doesn`t strip KSG. If you want to do that, use rubbing alcohol (or a 50:50 rubbing alcohol:water mix). Sometimes when you polish "through" KSG you can get a hard to remove residue.

NO cheapie MFs, carerful wash techniques, and put the KSG on *thin*, so thin you can`t see it on the paint.

I don`t bother going front-to-back as opposed to in circles. Just makes for straight scratches (as opposed to circular/elliptical scratches) if you mar the finish, the idea is to *not* mar the finish at all ;

Once you get the swirls polished out, you should be able to tell if/when you`re re-introducing them and correct whatever`s causing it.

Mordecaipsi
07-15-2005, 10:39 AM
So after i wash, wash again with alcohol and watr, rinse, then poluish?

sQuashed
07-15-2005, 11:03 AM
But it wont hurt to just strip it off with dawn correct? I plan on resealing and waxing everything.

It wont hurt but it isnt nessessary.