PDA

View Full Version : Question on 1Z Cockpit Premium...

nonwelder
07-14-2005, 05:53 PM
Love this stuff...just got all my stuff unpacked from Ranney, which was awesome! Anyway...I love the look of CP, very "natural." Only thing is, does this have any uv protection in it, or do I have to go with another dedicated protectant like 1Z TP? Input is appreciated!

Thanks,

Brett

hdi136
07-15-2005, 01:34 AM
I use the same product. It does contain uv protection.

Richt
07-15-2005, 04:39 AM
I dont thing it has much UV protection to be honest going by threads on here. Apart from the smell I love it and use it for my weekly wipe downs. I use Poorboys Natural Look to give the same factory apperance but with some UV protection. Its not as quick to use as the 1Z.

nonwelder
07-15-2005, 06:39 AM
OK..thanks for the help. I wanted to avoid using two products. PB NL is OK, but even a little shiny for me. Maybe some 1Z TP? Hmmmm....

Brett

tom p.
07-15-2005, 07:12 AM
Love this stuff...just got all my stuff unpacked from Ranney, which was awesome! Anyway...I love the look of CP, very "natural." Only thing is, does this have any uv protection in it, or do I have to go with another dedicated protectant like 1Z TP? Input is appreciated!

Thanks,

Brett

I don`t think the CP has UV protection. If you haven`t tried the Tiefenpfleger, you`re going to luv it! It does offer UV protection.

chml17l
07-15-2005, 08:22 AM
I believe 1ZCP does have some light UV protection because the 1Z website lists this

"Cleans and protects components from the sun and heat."

in the product description. I would consider 1ZCP a maintenance cleaner/protector. If you want maximum protection, then use a dedicated product like Aerospace 303 or the Tiefenpfleger. :wavey

tom p.
07-15-2005, 08:29 AM
I believe 1ZCP does have some light UV protection because the 1Z website lists this

It may, you could be correct. Perhaps Mike M can refresh our collective memories on that.

OTOH, the tiefenfleger clearly states UV protection.

Richt
07-16-2005, 02:57 AM
The teifenfleger seems to add a more unnatural finish where the CP seesm to add or takeaway nothing to the look. I like the TP but only use it on my rubber matts in the inside, def adds gloss darkens the finish.

One off the sonus ones looks like a good option in the Autopia store.

PB NL leaves a finish exactly the same as CP/your trim undressed if you buff it to a matt look after application.

percynjpn
07-16-2005, 05:16 AM

in the product description. I would consider 1ZCP a maintenance cleaner/protector. If you want maximum protection, then use a dedicated product like Aerospace 303 or the Tiefenpfleger. :wavey

I agree about the 1Z products (haven`t tried the A 303, though).