PDA

View Full Version : P21S vs S100

EdLancer
07-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Are these basically the same product marketed under different applications ?

One for cars and the other for motorcycles ? and the the big difference in cost

I have no intention in using these pretty boy products, but its just for my common knowledge.

BillyBarou
07-13-2005, 04:51 PM
It depends on who you ask. Some vendors claim that the S100 has a different formula based on conversations they had with the mfr...both waxes perform well.

Wasatch
07-13-2005, 06:15 PM
Very similar, S100 is a great buy.

Maknmony
07-13-2005, 09:11 PM
I must say that the S100 is a great pickup in my eyes. Pretty boy product compared to what? What do you use?

Sellncars

Are these basically the same product marketed under different applications ?

One for cars and the other for motorcycles ? and the the big difference in cost

I have no intention in using these pretty boy products, but its just for my common knowledge.

Ben Kenobi
07-13-2005, 09:33 PM
I`m sorry but I took offense at the term "pretty boy product". I`ve used P21S and don`t feel there is anything pretty boy at it. It is easy to use and gives great results. As Sellncars asked, what do you use for a LSP? :hmph:

EdLancer
07-13-2005, 09:42 PM
I must say that the S100 is a great pickup in my eyes. Pretty boy product compared to what? What do you use?

Sellncars

845IW

476S

Alfisti
07-14-2005, 06:38 AM
I use S100 and am not offended by the "pretty boy" label...mainly `cause I don`t know why its applied.

What did you mean? I won`t be offended...I don`t what anyone calls me! :D

stevet
07-14-2005, 09:19 AM
To me I think he means the wax has no balls (durability) it`s mostly a beauty wax. If you look at the waxes he listed they are heavy duty waxes.

EdLancer
07-14-2005, 12:24 PM
To me I think he means the wax has no balls (durability) it`s mostly a beauty wax. If you look at the waxes he listed they are heavy duty waxes.

Yeah, thats what I mean, they are basically boutique waxes that cost alot or cost alot for so little. I`am all for old school waxes that are heavy duty and for people who are not afraid of using a little elbow grease to apply them !

2wheelsx2
07-14-2005, 12:46 PM
I`am all for old school waxes that are heavy duty and for people who are not afraid of using a little elbow grease to apply them !

I think Autopia would surprise you with the number of new school people who wash and wax once a week, or every other week. Wouldn`t you agree that they`re not afraid of elbow grease either? :) The objective of many here is to have the most well maintained (cosmetically) cars in their `hood. Does it really matter what you use? If you want a lot of labour, try putting on some NuFinish really thick and letting it sit on the car for 24 hours...you`ll be using a lot of elbow grease.

Dang, where is that post where someone posted his neighbour leaving the wax on his truck for a week and not being able to remove it all. :D

RogueM3
09-20-2005, 10:34 AM
I searched and came across this thread. This is the exact question I was thinking to myself as I looked at the pricing again on AutoGeeks site.

If I am going to be dissappointed with the S100, it would end up being more cost effective to buy P21S instead of buying the S100 and then P21S...

On other car forums where detailing is only one category, people all say it is the same wax...what does :the detailing board" think??

I currently use P21S but am coming down to the end of the tub... :hairpull

Pats300zx
09-20-2005, 10:56 AM
If I am going to be dissappointed with the S100, it would end up being more cost effective to buy P21S instead of buying the S100 and then P21S...

Trust me. I have used S100 for years and I love it. Its so easy to use. As a wipe off/wipe off product you can do your whole car in about 20 mins. Sure..durability is an issue but isn`t that the case with any carnuaba??? I love the look of S100 and Pinnacle Souveran. I am always quick detailing or waxing the car so 3-4 weeks of durability isn`t really an issue for me.

Trust me...for $14.95 at any Harley dealer it can`t be beat for a locally available wax. I remember when it was all the rage on the forum.

JaCkaL829
09-20-2005, 10:58 AM
This question is like the age-old question, "what came first the chicken or the egg?"

Search the forums i`m sure you`ll get a bunch of hits for this topic, I know its been covered quite extensively.

My own opinion, is that the differences, if any are so slight to justify the doubled price of P21s. I have P21s and I gave my friend S100. I really can`t tell the difference between the two, both very nice shine with pretty good durability(2 months) and nice beading. If it were me, i`d get some S100 and some Natty`s Blue for the same price as P21s. :xyxthumbs

C. Charles Hahn
09-20-2005, 11:43 AM
I have no intention in using these pretty boy products,

I`m going to stop reading here; that kind of comment is uncalled for. :hm

RogueM3
09-20-2005, 12:41 PM
Search the forums i`m sure you`ll get a bunch of hits for this topic, I know its been covered quite extensively.

I actually thought I would get more results than I did when I searched and found this thread. Maybe I should try a few more search terms or variations.. :think:

My own opinion, is that the differences, if any are so slight to justify the doubled price of P21s. I have P21s and I gave my friend S100. I really can`t tell the difference between the two, both very nice shine with pretty good durability(2 months) and nice beading. If it were me, i`d get some S100 and some Natty`s Blue for the same price as P21s. :xyxthumbs

I had already planned on some Nattys blue...thanks for the comparison of their results.. :xyxthumbs