PDA

View Full Version : help, re-detailing?

ToyotaRKeener
07-13-2005, 03:46 PM
Last weekend I did a full detail on my Red Tacoma. Wash, Clay, Megs #9, Klasse AIO, and S100. Today I rewashed my truck after a 400 mile road trip, most of it was in the rain.

I am drying the truck and I see linear "Swirl" type marks down my door and bed panels! So I guess that i screwed up while I was washing. I dont think they are buffer marks from my PC7424 because they are straight scratches.

I want to fix these marks, and i recently recieved my SSR2.5 in the mail. There are some other scratches that I want to try this out on..

So if I go over the affected panels with the SSR2.5 would i have to reapply the AIO? I would obviously rewax.

Lowejackson
07-14-2005, 05:16 AM
The polish will remove the AIO so you are correct in thinking about the need to reapply AIO and wax.

AIO would have removed the fillers from #9 in your original detail

White95Max
07-14-2005, 06:05 AM
Well AIO wouldn`t be absolutely necessary, since you already cleaned the paint before, and you`re going to polish it again. AIO would just be a good base for the wax. I also think AIO leaves a nice gloss, so it adds to the final look. I would reapply AIO after the polish, and then S100.