PDA

View Full Version : Tire Cleaning???

Pages : [1] 2

stang03
07-13-2005, 01:27 PM
Most of the time before I wash my car I spray Castrol Super Clean on my tires (being careful not to get much on my wheels), I let it set there for a little bit then I hose it off with hot water. But I just go some new wheels and I don`t want the Super Clean to eat away the clear coat on my wheels. Are there any suggestions on what I might be able to do?? I don`t think that soap and water get the tires that clean.

I read that bold n bright cleans and shines, but I would just feel better if I could clean them with a cleaner first or something??

I`m stuck here

Thanks

Brent

Wasatch
07-13-2005, 01:50 PM
Tropi-Care makes a cleaner which removes the silicone on the rubber. It`s a pre-cleaner for there silicone free dressing, it`s also water based and lasts a looooooong time thru rain, and snow.

buellwinkle
07-13-2005, 08:25 PM
I use an all in one product, Eagle One Tire/Wheel cleaner on my clear coated wheels and dirty tires, works great for both.

Maknmony
07-13-2005, 09:16 PM
I second this product.

Sellncars

I use an all in one product, Eagle One Tire/Wheel cleaner on my clear coated wheels and dirty tires, works great for both.

White95Max
07-13-2005, 10:18 PM
You can use APC and water, or otherwise I use Mothers Tire/Rubber Cleaner.

After my Mothers runs out, I`m going to just stick with the APC/water.

beastie
07-14-2005, 09:18 AM
I second the Eagle One cleaner. Detailer`s Pride gel wheel cleaner is also very good and much gentler on wheels and leaves a very bright finish for wheels. I just use it less only because it`s more expensive.

SidiousXXX
07-14-2005, 09:50 AM
You are fine with CSC as long as it is diluted properly. I have some at 6-1 that I use on wheels and tires and some at 3-1 for wheel wells.

chrisx
07-14-2005, 03:36 PM
I also use EO wheel/tyre cleaner every 3-4 weeks and you can see the brown crap come off the tyres. I put some #16 on the wheels 2 weeks ago as well as some endurance and last week the brake dust hosed right off. Got to get myself some PB Wheel Sealant as I have heard some very good reports about this.

AutoNova
07-14-2005, 04:44 PM
Meg`s Wheel Brightener is as good as anything on the market, it is in their professional line of products. 2:1 works great, I let it sit for 45 secs to a minute and most everything will come off, what doesn`t I just hit with a tire brush and spoke brush.

SidiousXXX
07-14-2005, 07:14 PM
Meg`s Wheel Brightener is as good as anything on the market, it is in their professional line of products. 2:1 works great, I let it sit for 45 secs to a minute and most everything will come off, what doesn`t I just hit with a tire brush and spoke brush.I caution you, be very very careful with this anyone for that matter. You need to use gloves and I had to use a face mask because of the fumes. I do not recomend this product for beginers, you will cause damage if you are not properly coached on this product.

DaveInLA
07-14-2005, 07:29 PM
sorta off topic...

What do you guys use if the wheels are FILTHY? The rims on my car have a pattern that make it very difficult to wipe with a cloth so I`ve resorted to the Eagle One cleaner (orange bottle). However, the wheels can get quite dirty and the brake dust doesn`t come off unless i use a toothbrush. Is there anything else I can try? thanks.

Porkanbeans
07-14-2005, 07:29 PM
You could try A2Z or a diluted Simple Green Solution. Diluted Simple Green will be better for weekly cleaning, as SG straight or A2Z is a bit too harsh for such frequent use. You can pick both up at your local K Mart.

DaveInLA
07-15-2005, 12:31 AM
The orange bottle I was talking is A2Z, I just forgot the name as I was typing my last post. It does seem like strong stuff but sometimes I can`t get it into the nooks and crannies. :(

novadude
07-15-2005, 05:53 AM
Newbie here, but I have always used Wesleys Bleech White (on the tire only... not the wheel). I wet the tire first (to dilute it a bit), spray on, let soak for 20 seconds, scrub with a Nylon bristle brush, and they usually come out looking OK. I follow up with Stoner MSLT, and Buff off the excess MSLT. Gives a nice satin look that holds up fairly well. I prefer the satin look over the glossy look of some products.

Mark77
07-17-2005, 10:17 PM
If you have dressing on your tires and they are just a litle dirty, how do you wash them? I mean, I don`t want to remove the dressing, but if I try washing the tires with a sponge or brush, they get black and greasy from the dressing. Am I using too much dressing or where is the problem? Or do you reapply dressing everytime you wash? :nixweiss

Thanks