PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna IP, FP2, FMJ, etc... suggestions on red

FrizzleFry
07-13-2005, 10:56 AM
Still waiting for my FP2 to arrive this afternoon but the other day decided to play around a little with the IP on the truck I`m about to detail. Here`s the results with just a small amount by hand.

http://www.hubexchange.com/detail/ranger_IP1.jpg

I`m impressed with it. Didn`t really rub it much but removed the oxidation readily and removed some of the light scratches. I`ll be working on this truck tomorrow with the following:

Menzerna IP w/ PC and polishing pad

Menzerna FP2 w/ PC and polishing pad

Klasse AIO w/ PC and finishing pad

Menzerna FMJ by hand w/ microfiber applicator

Think this combination is good? Can any of this be bypassed to speed up the process? I have other product as well...

3M SMR for dark

3M SMR for light

3M Perfect-it Foam Polishing Pad Glaze for Dark

chevyguy28
07-13-2005, 11:04 AM
You may be able to skip Klasse AIO, though I am not positive. AIO does have mild cleaners, but I`m not sure if they will be necessary at all after IP/FPII. It also depends if you care about the protection AIO leave behind.

Otherwise, your process looks good. No need to use those 3M products.

- J

jetskie
07-13-2005, 11:45 AM
You can replace FPII with SMR dark, but FPII leaves a little bit nicer final polish. The IP would do most of the work and AIO is not necessary as its a cleaner/polish/protectant. AIO has no abrassives in it, but has chemical cleaners. Use AIO more as a prep for FMJ if you were not gonna do the full polish.

stilez
07-13-2005, 06:44 PM
Menzerna IP w/ PC and polishing pad

Menzerna FP2 w/ PC and polishing pad

Klasse AIO w/ PC and finishing pad

Menzerna FMJ by hand w/ microfiber applicator

I would just skip the AIO. I did the same combo on my Integra and it came out great sans the Klasse.