PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Albany, NY

CVette
07-12-2005, 06:31 PM
Hi all, just a quick post - I`m new to the board and detailing. I`m not a fanatic yet, just trying to learn how to take care of my first new car correctly. Correct washing, waxing and nick/scratch repair techniques, etc. Thanks!

METICULOUSMAN
07-12-2005, 06:54 PM
Hey there fellow New Yorker! There is so much here to read. If you check out the search feature im sure you will find just what your looking for. You might want to take a Dramamine! Your going to be dizzy form all the info.

CVette
07-12-2005, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I`m beginning to learn all that is here...the question is, will I really have enough stomach to try to detail my own car as a newbie? It`s the first new car I`ve ever purchased. I think I can learn how to wash and wax properly but scratches and touch-up paint are out of my comfort zone - at least at this time!

Way2SSlow
07-12-2005, 07:20 PM
Welcome to Autopia. I miss that area. I spent 9 years in Clifton Park. Attended Shenendehowa 1st-8th before moving to GA. I dont miss the snow, but I do still have some friends up that way.

CVette
07-13-2005, 09:12 AM
Welcome to Autopia. I miss that area. I spent 9 years in Clifton Park. Attended Shenendehowa 1st-8th before moving to GA. I dont miss the snow, but I do still have some friends up that way.

Wow, CP! It is a nice area. My wife and I bought a house off of Kinns Rd in 2002. She`s a grad from Shen 1st-12th. I grew up 2 hrs south of here but really like the area. If you haven`t been to Clifton Park lately, it`s grown a ton - almost too quickly.

Way2SSlow
07-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Wow, CP! It is a nice area. My wife and I bought a house off of Kinns Rd in 2002. She`s a grad from Shen 1st-12th. I grew up 2 hrs south of here but really like the area. If you haven`t been to Clifton Park lately, it`s grown a ton - almost too quickly.

That`s what I hear. I lived off of Plank Rd, in Country Knolls South. Been about 10 years since I have been back (moved when I was 14, and I`m 24 now), and some of my friends up there say that I wouldn`t even recognize it.