PDA

View Full Version : List of all my stuff, what should i add to it?

Kool_ZX3
07-12-2005, 02:38 PM
1. Car Washing - Armor All car wash (cold water formula)

- Eagle One Wet Car Wash

2. Pre Wax Cleaning - Mothers step 1 pre wax cleaner

3. Sealer and Glazes - Mothers step 2 sealer and glaze

4. Sealants and Waxes - Turtle wax platinum series ultra gloss

- meguairs nxt tech wax

- eagle one wax as you dry

5. Vinyl and rubber protectant - armour all protectant

- turtle wax platinum series ultra gloss protectant

- 303 aerospace protectant

- michelin tire shine

- mothers back to black

6. Wheel cleaners - michelin wheel and tire cleaner

- michelin brake dust repellent

7. Metal and plastic cleaners - mothers chrome polish

- meguairs plastx polish

8. Quick detailers - meguiars quik detailer

- mothers showtime detailer

9. Glass cleaners - stoner`s invisible glass

- rain x glass polish

10.Carpet and fabric cleaners - turtle wax power out carpet cleaner

- turtle wax power out uphoulstery cleaner

- armour all oxi magic carpet cleaner

11. Towels,mitts and other applicators- 8 microfiber towels

- 15 cotton terry cloth towels

- simoniz fine detailing towels

- simoniz diaper cloths

- simoniz genuine sheepskin wash mitt

- eagle one tire swipes

- simoniz terry cloth wax applicators

- meguiars high tech foam applicators

- sundance terry/foam applicators

- simoniz low lint naps

- black magic foam applicators

braindead
07-13-2005, 02:21 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Hey Kool,

You have a good range of product on hand. Looks pretty comprehensive. You can detail your ride with all those very well.

You might want to consider "trying" another wax or sealant for a change, although both TW & NXT are first rate. Depends how into this hobby you are. Happy with the end results with the stuff you have, adventurous or continuosly striving for perfection etc... This in the end will drive you to a decision.

I have many of the products you`ve listed and continue to use them. Sometimes I`ll buy something new & different to try it out. I try REALLY HARD to control myself from purchasing more stuff. You could go sick & buy just about everything on the market if you wanted!!! :sadpace: :sadpace: :sadpace:

In the end only you can figure it out, although I`m sure you`ll get some wonderful helpful hints & suggestions on this forum! Have fun. :chuckle:

imported_Denzil
07-13-2005, 02:50 AM
I personally stay away from all Armor-All and TurtleWax products. Oh and only microfiber towels touch my cars` paint.

Setec Astronomy
07-13-2005, 06:17 AM
As Petey said, you seem to have a pretty good range of products. Autopians like to say that process is more important than product, so as long as you`ve got all the categories covered, you should be good to go. The only thing that I am starting to appreciate is the sealants which are non-staining to trim.

mataku
07-13-2005, 06:45 AM
hm... good list..here`s what i recommend

good quality mf`s such as pakshaks

Porter Cable?

Way2SSlow
07-13-2005, 09:00 AM
I`d suggest some sort of polish. I like the Poorboys SSR line, but I have heard great things about Mothers Power Polish, and it`s available locally. I see you have a pre wax cleaner, but I dont think that is abrasive, and doubt it will handle any pesky swirl marks. Also, I noticed that you dont really have a leather cleaner or conditioner. Might be worth it to pick up one of each of those. If you dont have a Porter Cable, I would definitely get one and some quality pads to go with it. I`m currently using the CMA Lake country pads, but will probably order some Sonus or Propel next time. Your arms will thank you for getting the PC....trust me.

Kool_ZX3
07-13-2005, 10:19 AM
I love my turtle wax products, if nobody have ever tried the new platinum line should try it, they truly are top notch products at a very good price. My terry cloth towels are veyr good for simoniz towels and i don`t really see any ill effects by using them even though i usually use my microfibers (mostly all poorboys)

I know i have to get a pc and some good pads and when i do i will get a good cleaner and a good polish for it. I need some wheel cleaner to, probably end up gettin some a2z from eo to replace my michelin. I find armur all works great for tires,wheel wells and door seals but i use only the 303 and turtle wax stuff for my interior, they both are excellent. I do plaon on gettin more waxes over time but my nxt and TW stuff serve me well. I wanna try mothers new reflections and thier pure carnuaba to use over my nxt. I also wanna try show car glaze, i hear you can use it by hand so i wanna try it out since i hear it is great stuff.

chrisx
07-13-2005, 04:49 PM
I would get another wash mitt. How many buckets do you have ? I would recommend three (one for car wash soap, another with plain water and the other for dumping your used cloths after removing polish, wax, etc).

a.k.a. Patrick
07-13-2005, 06:13 PM
hehehe, you have only just begun..........

Alfisti
07-14-2005, 08:40 AM
I love my turtle wax products, if nobody have ever tried the new platinum line should try it, they truly are top notch products at a very good price.

Yes they are. Don`t let anyone discourage you from using them. Many OTC manufacturers are producing first class products

I wanna try mothers new reflections and thier pure carnuaba to use over my nxt.

The pure carnauba will work well over a sealant like NXT but it will change the appearance...to what, I don`t know. Mothers CG Carnauba is a good underated product IMHO.

As far as Reflection goes...equals most boutique LSPs. Why don`t you simply use Reflections instead of NXT, or alternate and see which look you prefer. Both look different, but superb to me. I wouldn`t layer Reflections over NXT...no point layering a sealant over a sealant. If you want to use Reflections Top Coat, then it logically is best over Reflections, although it`ll work over any LSP since it doesn`t contain cleaners.