PDA

View Full Version : Dried Coffee on Panels

SkeptiKal
07-12-2005, 01:41 PM
I have a upcoming detail where I have to clean a really dirty interior (and exterior).

There is dried coffee on the plastic panels inside the vehicle. It is also in some crevases and from what I could tell, it will be a PITA to get off.

The oil and what not on the carpets Im not too afraid of.

Anyone have any suggestions for the coffee?

Setec Astronomy
07-12-2005, 02:06 PM
If they are hard plastic panels that should be no problem, some APC, Woolite, glass cleaner, even water should do it. Use a sponge or a towel. In the crevices, depending how tight, force a damp/wet towel in there, or use some Q-tips...the carpet will be much more of a problem for the coffee...unless the plastic panels you are talking about are the highly textured ones that are almost like a cheese grater...dunno what to tell you about that.

SkeptiKal
07-12-2005, 02:09 PM
They are the smooth plastic kind.

The carpets, I have under estimated. I have some APC, Woolite, dry wet vac and so on. I am hoping the stains will come out.

GSRstiles(?) posted up a routine that I will try and use.

Setec Astronomy
07-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Well, I have had good success taking out coffee stains from carpet (the one time I tried) with the Meg`s carpet stain stuff and just a terry towel, so you should be ok.

imported_themightytimmah
07-12-2005, 05:35 PM
Hot water should cause the coffee to return to a liquid state. Follow with a pressure water and soap, should come out fine. If the coffee has badly stained the panels, try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

imported_Sullybob
07-12-2005, 05:53 PM
Do you have a wet dry vac or some type of extractor? This is what I have done for coffee and other crud that is in the cracks or seams of the vinyl and really hard to get out. I would get it damp\wet with your cleaning solution, agitate with a brush then suck it up with the wet dry vac then go over it once with a clean MF.

brwill2005
07-12-2005, 06:21 PM
I dont think you can re liquify the coffee with heat. A good APC dilluted properly should take care of the dried coffee on the plastic panels. I think you also stated that there is oil on the carpet. That is going to require a solvent to remove. I really like ChemSpecs Liqui-Gel. You can get it from Top of the Line. Strong stuff, that is orange oil based.

SkeptiKal
07-12-2005, 06:40 PM
Yea I have access to a wet dry vacuum (5HP). I also have an APC and some Woolite Spot Remover.

Is it wish full thinking to think these two products will remove the oil stains from the carpet in the trunk?

brwill2005
07-12-2005, 08:37 PM
Yes, oil based stains require a solvent to remove them.