PDA

View Full Version : I need a basic run through of what to do.

SpazHairlip
07-12-2005, 10:33 AM
Ok, I’ve read a billion articles on different tops but I’ve never really seen anything that just puts it all into some kind of write up that says “Ok, here’s what to doâ€.

There is a lot of information out there on how to wash, what to use, how to dry, this wax, that wax, this clay, that clay, etc. But I really don’t have the experience to put it all together for what will suit me best.

What I’d like is for someone to just give me a quick run through on what to use to wash, dry, and then how to wax it. Something like:

1. Was car with XYZ product and a XYZ mitt.

2. Dry off car with an XYZ chamois, towel, etc.

3. Make sure XYZ on car is dry, let is sit X hours, etc.

4. Use XYZ wax/oil in a circle motion with XYZ rag/sponge and wipe it off with XYZ towel every 2 feet, etc.

5. Wax/oil/etc 3 times, etc.

6. Use XYZ clay like this (blah, blah, blah) at such and such a time if such and such is on your car.

I know the information is consolidated but there really isn’t a clear full through steps A – Z FAQ on it and the information available can be over whelming if it’s not organized by someone with experience.

Thanks a lot for the help, please don’t flame me.

Setec Astronomy
07-12-2005, 11:01 AM
Try this: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/freeguide.html

Lowejackson
07-12-2005, 12:04 PM
Agreed, the Autopia book is very good

the other pc
07-12-2005, 01:59 PM
...but I’ve never really seen anything that just puts it all into some kind of write up that says “Ok, here’s what to doâ€.... Sorry, it doesn`t work that way. There are as many ways to do it as there are people who do it. Everybody`s tastes, skills, needs, budget, product availability, schedule, environment and cars are different so there`s no one way that`s "the way".

At best, one of could tell you "a way" that would work very well. It just wouldn`t be "what will suit you best".

PC.

jtbalogh
07-16-2005, 01:03 PM
Would the autopia book say anything about how long to apply products, wait for products to dry, or wait between applying products. I did not see it or I missed it. Please help.