PDA

View Full Version : Spray & Wipe

Intercooled
07-11-2005, 06:36 PM
I`ve been really using PB`s Spray & Wipe alot lately. I love this stuff!! I thik it gives me the minial amount of marring of any wipe product or QD. I use it more liberly then suggested. I let it soak on bugs and then loosen up nicely. I really dont use my Z6 that much anymore. I go for ther PB S&W every time. I never have any streaking or residue. IMO it has much more lubricity than any QD I`ve used. :2thumbs: :woot:

stilez
07-11-2005, 06:42 PM
Same here...I`m on my 3rd gallon in about a year.

Porkanbeans
07-11-2005, 06:45 PM
I think it`s great for priming pads and taking off polishes and lsps. Products will come off the paint like butter.

imported_Amused
07-11-2005, 07:03 PM
I just bought some S&W the other week for the first time and have been using it constantly to clean up berries and bird bombs. It`s a great product, very good cleaning ability. Glad I bought a couple of bottles.

GunCulture
07-12-2005, 05:29 AM
Products will come off the paint like butter.

Did I miss something?

You are saying that S&W will remove product (i.e. wax & sealant) from your paint?

I hope not?

gkerr4
07-12-2005, 06:01 AM
I think Porkanbeans means the residue from products which may be hard to remove, will be easier to remove if S&W is used.

I think this raises an issue concering possible detrimental effects on product durability - but probably can`t be proven either way. I have to admit that I have used a QD (meguiars Quik Detailer) to assist with the removal of #16 - which I find can be hard to remove in some cases.

sQuashed
07-12-2005, 06:04 AM
I also use it to assist in the removal of product, and for everything else !! :xyxthumbs

jauto98
07-12-2005, 06:44 AM
I`ve been really using PB`s Spray & Wipe alot lately. I love this stuff!! I thik it gives me the minial amount of marring of any wipe product or QD. I use it more liberly then suggested. I let it soak on bugs and then loosen up nicely. I really dont use my Z6 that much anymore. I go for ther PB S&W every time. I never have any streaking or residue. IMO it has much more lubricity than any QD I`ve used. :2thumbs: :woot:

You don`t happen to see any diminishing affects using PB`s Spray & Wipe on a Zaino`d vehicle (ie durability, shine, slickness)? Really interested in this Spray & Wipe, but afraid of any affects with Zaino and possible marring...

Jeff

Intercooled
07-12-2005, 06:50 AM
You don`t happen to see any diminishing affects using PB`s Spray & Wipe on a Zaino`d vehicle (ie durability, shine, slickness)? Really interested in this Spray & Wipe, but afraid of any affects with Zaino and possible marring...

Jeff

I would say that S&W is no different than washing your car. I feel it doesn`t diminsh the Z. But I dont use S&W everyday. As far as marring, its best QD type prodcut I`ve used as far marring goes. Anything will marr if you pick up dirt or debris. I spray quite a bit on a panel and remove it turning the MF frequently. It has excellent lubricity.

SK2003TypeS
07-12-2005, 07:34 AM
Recently picked up S&W and loved it the first time around.

Does everyone`s sprayer shoot a spray or stream ? Mine streams. I`m not sure if I picked up the right sprayer for the bottle. :nixweiss I have a bunch of new bottles and sprayers hanging around.

imported_themightytimmah
07-12-2005, 05:37 PM
You can "flip" the PB`s sprayers. Spray is on top, stream on the bottom. Just rotate it 180 degrees and problem solved :).

imported_gusbubba
07-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Not to plug other sites , but , as some of you may already know , there`s a Poorboy`s sponsored forum over on Detail City where these questions might get more in depth answers.

However , I`d take some info. with a grain of salt since it IS sponsored. (no offense intended).

I`ve been led to believe that S&W has mild , if any , diminishing effects on product.

But , for most of us , I`d imagine that wouldn`t be a problem as we condition our vehicles a LITTLE more often than most.

stilez
07-12-2005, 06:09 PM
With my findings, I noticed that a vehicle maintained with S+W 3 days a week compared to a vehicle washed once a week with QEW stayed slicker longer and maintained that *just detailed* appearance. Same product, color car, environment.

SR77
07-12-2005, 06:22 PM
Glad to here how much you guys like this type of product and how convienent it is. I just ordered the a gallon of Pro Detailer Waterless Wash from Chemical Guys which has some Carnuba protection in it so hopefully that will add even alittle more lube to the product and also help add a little protection that would normally be diminished.