PDA

View Full Version : Removing spiderweb scrathes

fyleow
07-11-2005, 05:45 PM
I have a 2000 VW Passat in Black Magic Pearl and there are noticable spiderweb scratches under direct sunlight. I would like to remove these and restore the finish and I have some questions...

1) What products should I use? I prefer something that I can get locally but don`t mind ordering online if it`s necessary.

2) Is this a job that`s possible by hand? I don`t have a detailing machine and don`t think I`m serious enough to invest in one.

Thanks.

Accumulator
07-12-2005, 07:35 AM
fyleow- Welcome to Autopia!

1) You could try Meguiar`s Scratch-X, or see if the new Mother`s polish is available in your area. Beyond those, you`re probably looking at finding an auto paint/body supply place and getting "professional" products.

2) You can at least make a big improvement. But working by hand takes time and effort.

You should probably do some more research on this before you start buying stuff. Lots of thread on doing stuff by hand.

MrDetail
07-12-2005, 09:19 AM
Don`t waste your time with ScratchX, it is to mild to remove much of anything. I would go with Zaino Fusion for the swirls and then Z2 Pro topped with Z8. That color will look AWESOME with this combo. :xyxthumbs JMHO