PDA

View Full Version : Klasse SG Help

Yaemish
07-11-2005, 05:04 PM
I just started removing the SG from my dark blue pain with my PC. I put it on as thin as possible but there are spots where it was too thick and I can`t get it off with the Propel Blue pads and PC. I would like to continue attacking it tonight so i can throw another coat on tomorrow so prompt replies will be greatly appreciated.

Will going to the green pad help?

PaulTso
07-11-2005, 05:08 PM
Uhm....you can try using a Microfiber. Dont buff with pressure. Just move it back and fourth gently until it comes off

Yaemish
07-11-2005, 05:11 PM
Should I switch pads?

PaulTso
07-11-2005, 05:31 PM
No u shouldnt switch pads. You should be using your finishing pad to apply your SG. It should be so thin that its pretty much invisible and only visible from certain angles. After you applied via fnisihg pad, let it haze and buff off using a microfiber towel. I guess you can use your PC with a finishing pad if you have another one or a microfiber bonnet...but i usually remove with my hand and a microfiber.

LOTA OT
07-11-2005, 06:16 PM
Use a damp MF for your initial wipe, then follow with a dry MF for the final buff. I`ve never had SG that I couldn`t easilly remove with this method. Its so easy by hand, IMO there`s no need to use a PC to remove SG.

Tasty
07-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Yeah, use some QD and a MF towel like mpauly recommends. Works well for me. Why are you trying to remove SG with your PC? Dry buffing can result in marring and swirl marks, I would recommend removing LSPs by hand. Also, I hope you aren`t applying SG by machine because that could result in it being on WAY too thick and impossible to remove. SG should be applied by hand in EXTREMELY thin layers.

imported_Sullybob
07-11-2005, 08:48 PM
In addition to the above great suggestions. If I get a stubborn spot of SG I will get the applicator that I applyied the SG with and go over the stubborn spot a couple of times. Then wipe it off with a clean MF.

maxshine
07-12-2005, 11:31 AM
I`ve been using SG for ~5 years now. The best removal process for me is using slightly dampened Suede Microfiber (Neat Items a while back I think). It seems to have great bite and removes all residue very easily. I follow with a dry MF buffing towel.

imported_Burlyq
07-12-2005, 11:34 AM
Wait until morning, then residue steaks are easiest to remove IMO. I always leave it in the garage though.

Accumulator
07-12-2005, 02:02 PM
I just started removing the SG from my dark blue pain with my PC. I put it on as thin as possible but there are spots where it was too thick and I can`t get it off with the Propel Blue pads and PC. ..Will going to the green pad help?

I wouldn`t remove product with the foam pad. Use MF, either a regular towel or MF bonnets over the (green) pad on the PC to remove SG, use the finishing pad to *apply* it. But I apply it by hand, I get a thinner application that way (far less than 1 oz. for the minivan, more like 1/2 oz.).

I just fog the surface with my breath before wiping, works fine. Even worked where I experimented with goofy-thick applications.

VertigoGTI
07-12-2005, 08:09 PM
The way I apply it is with a MF pad and I let it sit over night in the garage. Next morning, I take a MF cloth and wipe, comes off every time. The MF pad is nice as it`s really hard to lay it on thick.

Out of curiousity are you using the PC to put it on? I can see how you might get some thick spots since it`s not very thick and has a tendancy to spatter a bit.

Yaemish
07-13-2005, 07:46 AM
I initially used the PC because I read somewhere that it allowed you to spread thinly. However, in the case of SG being so thin, I found that in my second application just using a MF applicator allowed me to do it much thinner.

I couldn`t tell if it was the lighting or not, but it seemed that after removing the second coat of SG, yielded a much smoother, reflective finish. I`m not sure if I should do another coat or hit it with the S100 topper that I was planning to put on.

If I got 2 weeks without putting something on after I wash, I feel like the car is still dirty, so if S100 is easy to apply I will find myself doing it quite often, not sure if extra layers of SG will be beneficial in any way.

Thanks for the help guys!

Accumulator
07-13-2005, 10:58 AM
I found subtle improvements through the fourth layer. You could top it then, or just wait a little while and add more SG. But since you did notice the difference that the second layer made, I`d add one or two more and see if you notice anything from them.