PDA

View Full Version : Products Appearances??

Pages : 1 [2]

drewski59
07-15-2005, 08:53 AM
I have to say that when I do panel to panel comparisons it is hard to see a big difference but when I tried Zaino for the first time I could not believe the difference, it was not suttle, it was a major improvement and a major difference over what I had always percieved to be the best, Meguiars #26. I have since began trying everything I have read about on here and like in the past most are pretty much the same with minor differences in durability or ease of application etc and only a few come close to the shine and durability Zaino has been giving me. I guess my point being you really need to do your whole car to do an accurate comparison not just a hood or fender. If I just did my hood with Zaino and compared I would have probably just chalked it up as just another polish just like all the rest and never started using it.

I agree totally. I moved from NuFinish(pre-Autopia days) to carnauba and finally up to Zaino.

As I tried each product, I noticed a better and better look to the overall vehicle. And when I first tried Zaino, I absolutely fell in love with the look. I couldn`t believe the reflectivity! It blew me away, much more than any nuba ever did.

First impressions mean a lot. :wavey

AlexRuiz
07-15-2005, 09:44 AM
I think everyone can see the difference if given the right lighting and angle, but undoubtely some people have just been gifted to see those differences better than others. My dad doesn`t know the names of the products, but he surely can tell that what I applied today is different to what I has 2 weeks ago.

I agree about first impressions, but also personal preference matters a lot: My car (daily driver) has right now Mothers FX synwax topped with FX spraywax 3x. The FX is very shiny and reflective, and the spraywax boosts it. Even though is not a visually impacting color (olive green metallic) it looks nice once waxed. While personally I find its current looks satisfying but not spectacular, I don`t think it has received more praises ever before...... Everyone just comments about how shiny the car looks. They are correct, but I think it looked better when I had tropicare TC-3, almost as shiny as FX but quite more metallic flake POP :nixweiss

As many others, I started with Nu-finish and almost anything looks better than it.

Rob Tomlin
07-26-2005, 04:37 PM
So I’m not the only one!! I can see the difference between Wax and Sealants on dark colored cars but when I try to compare sealants against sealants or waxes against waxes I have a really hard time telling the difference. I do like waxes over sealants on dark colored cars and I like Souveran over other waxes but I’m sure the hype plays a big part of my decision. Now on light color cars I’m hard press to tell the difference between a Sealant and a Wax much less the difference between sealant or waxes. Most of the QD I don’t see a difference on a freshly done surface but more as a booster.

Well said, took the words right out of my mouth.

The biggest difference is between sealants and waxes. When comparing sealants with sealants or waxes with waxes, the differences are much more subtle.