PDA

View Full Version : Initial Tundra Detailing

mtnxtrm
01-01-2005, 10:20 PM
Hi ALL,
I`m new to the detail site, although I`ve been cleaning and washing my vehicles as long as I`ve been driving. I recently bought an 2003 Black Tundra and it has some surface scratches. The scratches are fine tiny-white lines and I think a professional with experience would probably do a better job getting them out than I would. I live in Western North Carolina (WNC) and as far as I know there aren`t any professional detailers in this town. If anyone knows someone they`d recommend in the area I`d be interested.

Also I`m thinking of getting an orbital buffer to start polishing and buffing my girlfriends older car that needs some touching up to be made shinny again. Is there a brand of buffer anyone might recommend? I`ve seen some buffers at Autozone but they don`t have different speeds or many features for different levels of polishing. Any advice would be great...

Happy NEW YEAR, May it be clean and shinny for all!
Mtnxtrm

G35stilez
01-01-2005, 11:51 PM
Hi mtnxtrm,

Not sure of any detailers in that area, but be sure to check out autopia.org ...They have a thread going for pro detailers by state. For your own, check out this site for great info:

www.bettercarcare.com

joshcaro
01-02-2005, 12:07 AM
Where exactly in WNC are you? I live about an hour south of Raleigh. If we are close enough I may be able to help.

mtnxtrm
01-11-2005, 10:56 PM
Hey Joe,
I`m about an hour west of Asheville, but willing to travel. I don`t know if you travel to Atlanta but the road 19/23 passes by the town of Sylva/Cullowhee where I live. Any assistance or referrals are appreciated. THanKs!