PDA

View Full Version : Polishing a polished car

Anthony8858
07-11-2005, 05:47 AM
OK, so Ijust finished polishing my car with my Menzerna kit........

Then I come here and read about all these fantastic products that make me want to try something else.

Where do I begin?

How do I remove my polish, and begin to try something new?

Do I just wash, and polish / wax as usual?

Tanat198
07-11-2005, 05:59 AM
You can just wash and polish with anything you want. The new polish will remove the previous one right away.

White95Max
07-11-2005, 06:23 AM
Polishes leave little to nothing behind. If there is anything left behind, it`s just oils or fillers designed to fill in light swirls in the paint.

Are you confusing polish with wax?

But yeah if you want to use another polish or cleaner, you don`t have to do anything first except wash the car. The new cleaner or polish will remove anything below it.

Anthony8858
07-11-2005, 07:16 AM
Thanks for the quick replies

daves745t
07-11-2005, 07:32 AM
Why waste all the effort you just put in? While there are (and always will be) great products that are out there, Menzerna is a great product. I would finish off your ride first, stare at it, take pics of it from all angles, then see how well it lasts. The next time around try something new. To do it now seems like a bit of a waste and you won`t have any benchmark to compare.

Just my .02

jetskie
07-11-2005, 12:01 PM
I agree with daves745 if your finsh looks great then why repolish the car. I would just put on a nice LSP. If you`re not satisfied then try the FPII after a wash and rewax.