PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 845IW

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Mad iX
07-10-2005, 04:21 AM
Just tried this out today.

First off, it`s a very thick liquid wax. You could package this in a can and call it a soft paste wax. Was difficult to get it from the bottle to the pad.

Applied very easily via foam pad. It takes a moderate amount to cover a car. I guesstimate it took about 25ml for mine.

It`s a very oily wax. While applying I was thinking it was going to be a difficult to remove.

30 minutes later, it buffed off a lot easier than I expected. Maybe a little harder than P21S. Easy enough that it isn`t a concern.

Slickness is average, even for a carnauba.

Sorry for the pic quality, best I could get considering the sun was long gone by the time I was done:

http://gallery.pixelstreak.com/gallery/albums/hidden/c845.sized.jpg

imported_Sullybob
07-10-2005, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the description of the wax itself. I thought that it would be very fluid, like thick water not creamy. Can you compare it to any other wax or sealant as far as looks go?

Looks pretty deep from the pictures. Let us know how it looks in the sun.

Edited for typos

EdLancer
07-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Yeah, keep us updated on Collinite products. I will be devoting most of the summer in trying their products. First its very affordable and two it has a certain mystic to it since its not a household name yet and three it protects very very well. :2thumbs:

wannafbody
07-11-2005, 06:56 AM
one secret to using 845 is to set the bottle in the sun for a couple minutes-it tends to thin the product out making it easier to apply

Gen2
07-11-2005, 07:12 AM
wannafbody - you are right. At first I thought 845 is a very thick wax but 1 week ago my friend showed me his 845 and found that the texture is something like #26. He kept the 845 in his boot and maybe as you said the heat thin the product. Even my friend commented that it is thicker in the morning but thinner when the heat builds up.

SamIam
07-11-2005, 09:55 AM
I used it on my Black Audi 2 weeks ago. My thoughts:

1) Very Thick.

2) I let it set up for about 15 Minutes while I did the car. Thought it grabbed like heck at the towel as I tried to remove it.

3) I thought it spread very easy and I didn`t use much at all. I had polished with 1Z MP first and topped with 845. Maybe that`s why? Anyways, it used very little wax at all.

4) Shine was great. Loved it. Also, drove in the rain 2 days later and all the water blew off, drop free finish, which was a first for me. Crazy beads, great shine.

I really love the product!

Sam

tom p.
07-11-2005, 10:14 AM
The IW is the only Collinite product I could recommend. I have had exceptional results (longevity) with AIO followed by IW. It`s one of the ONLY combos I`ve found that would last on my non-garaged daily driver - - thanks, Spilchy :p

It holds up nicely where other products fade within a couple of weeks. Good stuff :up

stevet
07-11-2005, 12:30 PM
Just curious. I have heard that IW will or has been reformulated because of VOC. Is any body using recently purchased IW and is there a difference when comparing to the older stuff. The reformulation is not rumor like the Klasse reformulation. IW is or will be reformulated according to Collinite Customer Service.

imported_Axe
07-11-2005, 12:45 PM
In my opinion you have just put on your vehicle the most durable and easy to use wax out there, congratulations. :) It is my most used and favoured wax for the two reasons mentioned above. Actually on reflection, wax is probably the wrong word to describe this product, sealant is probably more appropriate. You will not need to apply another coat for at least 6 weeks, just give it a wash now and then.

wannafbody
07-11-2005, 01:27 PM
I`ve seen some bottles on the counter at Advance that look thicker than my bottle-maybe the newer product is thicker due to less VOC`s

Terran
07-11-2005, 03:16 PM
That`s really wierd that you`re saying it`s a thick product. My bottle is actually quite thin.

tom p.
07-11-2005, 03:18 PM
The stuff I`ve always had is thick...it`s like a paste that flows. If the product separates out in the bottle, the top portion does appear to be thin - - it needs to be mixed.

imported_Axe
07-11-2005, 03:20 PM
Its the consistency of warm jam

stevet
07-11-2005, 04:39 PM
The two bottles I have were purchased at the same time last summer so I know they are the old formula. When first bought they were so thick they could not be called liquid. The bottle I use is now quit thin but the other is still a paste. Shaking the bottle and using the product seems to thin it out in the bottle. Also heat seems to affect the thickness. If I put the bottle in the fridge it will thicken up again quit a bit.

I would still like to know if the new formula is noticeably different? Anybody use both? I will have to buy some of the new stuff and compare.

waxnbuff
07-11-2005, 06:30 PM
shake it really good for about 30-50 seconds. has an even semi thick consistency. awesome beading, especially on a snow white car.