PDA

View Full Version : What kind of a wax is glanz wax?

imported_series1
07-09-2005, 10:36 PM
Is it a carnauba or sealant or is it like Poorboys EX where it has characteristics of both? Also, how much protection does it have for all of you guys who use it or have tried it.

Alfisti
07-09-2005, 10:54 PM
From 1Z website:

"Wax for long-lasting durable paintwork protection and added gloss and depth. Glanz Wax is a synthetic wax formulation developed for long-term protection in regions with the most extreme temperatures including the harsh, dry cold winters of Nordic territories of Europe and the tropical regions of Florida and the Caribbean with high humidity and high heat from intense sun exposure. True wax formulation is free of abrasives and cleaners. Protects paintwork from environmental grime, pollution, numerous car washes and road salt. Developed for use on all paintwork finishes including clear-coat. Fast and easy application in as little as 45 minutes. Great for use on motorcycles."

imported_series1
07-10-2005, 12:01 AM
Should have checked their website. Thanks Alfisti

Glossmaster
07-10-2005, 07:13 AM
The 1Z Glanz is good stuff! Super easy to use & long lasting. I find it best to top it for some added depth/wetness with a quality carnauba.

percynjpn
07-10-2005, 08:19 AM
Glanz is a polymer based synthetic, and it also contains several natural waxes, but not Carnauba .

Scottwax
07-10-2005, 12:30 PM
Not exactly sure what is in it, but it is hard to bead over metallics and lighter colors and the durability is excellent. Wipe on/wipe off too.

imported_series1
07-10-2005, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the replies. I was planning on getting some of this because 3 out of the 5 cars I work on are light colored cars and after seeing what this stuff does to light colors I wanted to try it out. I was also looking at UPP too.