PDA

View Full Version : NOOOOOOOOO friggin ! (rant)

PaulTso
07-09-2005, 12:11 PM
DAMn, i`m from NJ and i jsut applied DP premium surface shield to my moms avalon and now its raining. The weather was perfect at 1pm today and now its 3 and its raining. UGH. Couldnt even get my 12 hours for curing time! OH well, i`ll have fun applying it again later on this week. Lol

Paul

BigBoyinJersey
07-09-2005, 12:20 PM
how did ya like the Dp surface shield to put on did ya use a buffer or by hand ?

impulsebrklyn
07-09-2005, 01:01 PM
lol im in brooklyn, NY washed, clayed, washed. Pc the car with ssr2 then ssr1 2 panels left its like a monsoon. Now 15 minutes later the sky is getting blue again. My yukon is covered in $hit. I gotta go hoze it off and wipe it down and see how bad everything is. Chris

imported_Jinba ittai
07-09-2005, 01:49 PM
DAMn, i`m from NJ and i just applied DP premium surface shield to my moms avalon and now its raining. The weather was perfect at 1pm today and now its 3 and its raining. UGH. Paul

You hit that storm too, eh? ;) I was all set to put the final coat of Z2P/Z8 on my car and do a quick wash on the family car. It`s been beautiful all day and I was psyched to do this after working around the house all day.

I got all the stuff outside, got my radio set up and was JUST about to pull the car out of the garage and I heard the sound of thunder. Checked out the Weather Channel and there was a huge line of T-storms headed this way. 5 minutes later it was pouring. I was just glad that I hadn`t been in the middle of everything. I hate when that happens. :bawling:

Now it`s sunny and beautiful again. There`s more T-storms about 2 hours northwest of here so I`m debating on what to do. :hm :think:

It could be worse. You could be living in Florida or Mobile, AL . :(

imported_Jinba ittai
07-09-2005, 06:03 PM
Update: Decided to chance it at 5 pm after the weather cleared because the sun was out and there was no wind. Got a coat of Z2-Pro on and was almost done taking it off when it clouded up suddenly and started sprinkling on the car. Put car in garage and finished taking the Z2P off (not easy since I only have a droplight in the garage).

Then the sun came out and I backed car out of garage and put a coat of Z8 on. Then I washed the family car before the sun went down.

It`s been an exciting day. :chuckle: All the cars are clean and tomorrow I`m going to the beach! :2thumbs:

klnyc
07-09-2005, 06:36 PM
No big deal with the heavy pour at all. Canopy rock yo!, I was doing this 2003 Maxima, under the canopy :D . We need to stop, we didnt wanna get wet, so we have few bottles beer on the side. How many oz of DP you have?

Reflections1
07-09-2005, 06:47 PM
I had the same problem. washed this morning and had to run out. The sky opened up when I was about 5 miles from home. I actually just came in from washing the truck for the 2nd time today. At least it is a picture perfect night. Oh... I have been informed by my 5 year old to tell you guys that while dad washed his truck, he caught 11 fire flies :bigups

imported_Jinba ittai
07-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Throttlethumb,

You washed your truck at night? Did you do this in the garage?

My garage is too small to do much in it. It`s better than nothing though. I`d love a canopy outside to work under. Unfortunately the way our yard is set up it would be an eyesore and the neighbors would complain. :sadpace:

PaulTso
07-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Uhm...i have maybe 6oz of surface shield left. I got it in the DP giveaway.

Bigboyinjersey...premium surface shield is great stuff. Smells good, piece of cake to apply with a prepped surface, and its a breeze to remove (compared to sg).

and i usually apply by PC with a foam finishing pad but hell, i felt like doing it by hand today. Wasted alot of productt..oh well it was fun.

Reflections1
07-10-2005, 04:27 AM
As for washing at night, I have a very well lit carport and can detail all night until my heart is content. The carport was a great investment.