PDA

View Full Version : clay bar care after 1st use???

Ravenette
07-09-2005, 11:48 AM
I just finished claying/detailing my car. What is the proper way to care for a clay bar after use? It`s a little dirty now after its first use so do I just put it in a ziplock bag and leave it with all my other detailing stuff? Can I leave it in the garage (it gets pretty hot here in socal summer)? Thanks for your help.

SidiousXXX
07-09-2005, 11:52 AM
I put them in a baggie with a squirt of QD just to make sure it stays pliable. You can keep in the garage but they will get very very soft and sticky.

PS - Your sig is too long, someone will nag you aout it.

BigAl3
07-09-2005, 12:12 PM
i just roll and ball it up and in the ziploc bag it goes.

Ravenette
07-09-2005, 12:18 PM
Thanks for everyone`s help :)

audipower
07-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Make sure you throw away the dirty part! Break it up in pieces so you don`t waste it. DOn`t use the whole bar, break it into 1/4`s depending on size of bar. Put the good clay into a ziploc bag and spray some lube on it so it won`t dry out and it makes it easier to break apart next use.

imported_themightytimmah
07-09-2005, 10:59 PM
I put my good clay in one jar and my mildly dirty clay in another. Mildly dirty clay gets used for rims, glass, etc. Just keep em in a plastic jar, squirted with a little bit of QD. If its wrapped in plastic, and it gets hot enough, it`ll stick to the bag. And that`s no fun.