PDA

View Full Version : Silver metallic

Flatfour
07-09-2005, 02:47 AM
What a bugger paint to polish.

As I live in Belgium, the PC is not available so I bought a rotary polisher from FLEX, http://www.flex-tools.de/en/prod/detail.php?id=182. I actually mailed to PC and they gave me this company that also sells in Europe (and has 220 v tools...)

I used the DAS pad kit, and SONUS I,II,III polishes to "attack" the winter grime on my car.

Order of work was :

Wash and clay

Sonus polish with DAS pads in the right following.

Wax with Swissol Samurai carnauba

Within the workshop all looks good, no skipping or hopping, all swirls and holograms were gone and the car has back that beautiful wet shine.

But today, into the sun, I discovered several swirl marks, barely visible because of the silver, but still there ?

What did I do wrong, I tried to take pics of it but you can`t see them so you have to do it with my words here...

DrSauekraut
07-09-2005, 04:16 AM
You didn’t do anything wrong . . . it seems to me that you have a few stubborn swirls. Pull you car outside and ID all the problem areas. Grab your polisher, the Sonus Green Pad, and Sonus SFX 2. At a medium pace, go over the swirls and pay close attention to your work.

Done :cool:

Flatfour
07-09-2005, 10:10 AM
OK, will do...

Sonus SFX 3 with the orange pad has a nasty smell, is this normal ?

BigAl3
07-09-2005, 12:31 PM
you might have to use something more aggressive or perhaps work it in longer....