PDA

View Full Version : Your Quick Wash Methods

Pages : [1] 2

EdLancer
07-07-2005, 11:54 PM
I found that after a proper polish and detail, I just spray my car when its dirty with the pressure washer and drive off to let the water sheet off without any wiping is the best way to preserve that no swirl finish. My car was topped with two coats NXT and a coat of #16 prior to last winter and the finish is still amazing with hardly any swirls after a harsh winter. I think I will just give it a good wash and apply another coat of #16 to freshen it up again.

List your methods ! :buffing:

imported_themightytimmah
07-08-2005, 01:09 AM
Similar to you, wash with 2 mitts and 2 buckets, blast down a local road to dry (gotta watch out for the fuzz, though). I`m dying to get a deionized system though, it`d be nice to avoid my weekly 69 in a 40 :). Still haven`t gotten a ticket yet but its coming if I don`t go CRspotless.

Then again, the ticket would probably be cheaper :rolleyes.

drewski59
07-08-2005, 04:10 AM
I don`t really have a "quick" method. All of my washes take about an hour, including wheels and tires.

I still haven`t used the QEW I have on my shelf. I`m afraid of the lubricity.

Accumulator
07-08-2005, 09:31 AM
Heh heh, closest I come to a "quick" wash is when I don`t do the whole undercarriage and only spend twenty minutes or so on the wheelwells and doorjambs :o

chml17l
07-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Heh heh, closest I come to a "quick" wash is when I don`t do the whole undercarriage and only spend twenty minutes or so on the wheelwells and doorjambs :o

Aww come on now. I can`t believe the forum wash guru won`t share his entire extreme quick wash method with the board... :p My fender wells and undercarriage are in dire need of some TLC.

imported_gusbubba
07-08-2005, 01:56 PM

I heard that ! :werd:

beastie
07-08-2005, 02:09 PM
I use Mother`s Trigger Wash on the Miata if in a hurry. Wash, rinse and dry usually takes 35-40 minutes but Trigger Wash cuts it down to about 20-25, maybe even less. I don`t drive to dry though as the wet surfaces just attract airborne dust.

mikeinaustin
07-08-2005, 03:14 PM
i basically i zip into a car wash place, use the "spot free rinse" (not much pressure), drive at least 65 to "dry" vehicle. later that night i`ll use z-6.

imported_Jinba ittai
07-08-2005, 03:48 PM
I don`t really have a "quick" method. All of my washes take about an hour, including wheels and tires.

Same here. A wash usually takes at least an hour. It`s quick if that`s all I do! :LOLOL

EdLancer
07-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Thats not that quick, I mean I can get dressed in a suit and do it in less than 5 minutes, thats wut I`am talking about, when I walk out the door and find bird crap or dust on it, I just pressure wash it and drive off, I don`t mean spend an hour on it !

imported_pdsterns
07-10-2005, 12:20 PM
I`m trying to develop my quick wash (and wax) and this is what I am thinking. I want to wax the car today but I do not want to spend the 1 hr to 1.5 hrs first to wash and dry, so how is this. By the way the car is just dusty. Drive into local DIY pressure wash, deposit $1.00, 3 minutes on pressure wash with their soap, 1 minute on rinse, quick drive to shaded area in the park and go at it with NXT Tech paste wax. Here are my questions, 1) is the DIY soap to harse, but who cares, I`m going to wax it. 2) Is it clean enough to wax without ever touching it with a wash mit?

Accumulator
07-10-2005, 02:23 PM
pdsterns- I`d worry about two things- 1) not getting all the dirt off at the DIY and 2) picking up some new dirt on the drive to the park. All it would take is one little piece of abrasive [whatever] and you`d be looking at scratch-city. Better safe than sorry IMO. But hey, I`m "extreme" about this stuff ;)

Aww come on now. I can`t believe the forum wash guru won`t share his entire extreme quick wash method with the board...

Heh heh, my "extreme quick wash" method is the same as my regular 3-hour method except I don`t bother jacking up the car; I only wash the parts I can reach (with the BHBs/etc.) with the suspension fully loaded. I can reach a lot of the undercarriage from the creeper and I rinse it well with my undercar wand, but it`s not like I`m doing a thorough job.

If I can`t do the job right (my version of "right"), I just wait until I can. Not the approach for everybody, but it`s right for me.

I`ve found that if I let the wheelwells/undercarriage go for a few washes they become a royal pain to clean up, so it`s better to just do them properly every wash. I don`t bother dressing them very often, but they still look pretty good because there isn`t any dirt. And keeping stuff like cad plated bits clean seems to keep the plating intact.

andriver
07-10-2005, 03:15 PM
Spot Free car wash - no wax. Followed by quick detail spray.

imported_pdsterns
07-10-2005, 07:16 PM
I`m trying to develop my quick wash (and wax) and this is what I am thinking. I want to wax the car today but I do not want to spend the 1 hr to 1.5 hrs first to wash and dry, so how is this. By the way the car is just dusty. Drive into local DIY pressure wash, deposit $1.00, 3 minutes on pressure wash with their soap, 1 minute on rinse, quick drive to shaded area in the park and go at it with NXT Tech paste wax. Here are my questions, 1) is the DIY soap to harse, but who cares, I`m going to wax it. 2) Is it clean enough to wax without ever touching it with a wash mit?

Drove it several blocks on clean dry road and pulled in to a nice area to wax. Water spots everywhere. Had to qd them off then wax. The NXT did not look all that great at first but after about an hour I thought it started to improve but it was getting dark.

BigO
07-11-2005, 05:58 AM
QEW cuts my hour + wash time to about 40 minutes, including tires and rims.