PDA

View Full Version : Soap is highly overrated...

Corey Bit Spank
07-07-2005, 09:27 PM
So I started working at a grocery store about 4 months ago. My first day not training I had two customers that reeked. They purchased $300 worth of food.

They come in once a week. $300 worth of groceries. Same shirt, same pants, same god awful stench. It`s like do you really need the dozen donuts or can we compromise and get the half dozen and then some lever 2000. I mean lets do something here about our smelly self. Oh and laundry detergent would be good too since their pants always have....bad stains on them. It`s so disgusting. I just don`t understand how people can do that to themselves. It`s not like they don`t have enough money to buy soap if they shopped a little better.

It`s so bad that today my friend decided to bag for me so that we could get them on their dirty way. We keep bottles of hand sanitizer at the register. My friend cunningly put the one from mine into one of their bags hoping they`d use it. :woohoo:

GOODNESS :(

imported_series1
07-07-2005, 10:01 PM
That sucks. Some people do need to learn to take care of themselves. I mean if they can buy 300 bucks worth of food why can`t they just buy a pack of soap. How much is a pack of soap bars, 5 or 6 bucks?

04E320
07-07-2005, 10:54 PM
I wonder how their cars look?

BigAl3
07-09-2005, 06:06 PM
if i bought $300 worth of groceries, you can bet there will be some personal hygiene products (bars of soap, shampoo/conditioner, handsoap, mouthwash, toothpaste, etc...) some people these days....

stainbuster
07-09-2005, 06:23 PM
:hairpull
I wonder how their cars look?

I figure either:

A) They own a nice Cadillac or Town Car, which probably looks like crap. :hairpull (I`ve ran into people like that; all the money in the world and still live like pigs. :think: a la Beverly Hillbillies)

or

B) They ain`t gotta car. :LOLOL

Mike

Corey Bit Spank
07-09-2005, 07:57 PM
They drive a Cadillac Cimarron. The one has recently started using the motarized cards, but complains that they don`t have enough power anymore. Well goodness lady lose some weight and there wouldn`t be a problem.

Scottwax
07-09-2005, 09:32 PM
I could have gone my whole life happily not knowing any of this. :(

vdog0531
07-10-2005, 09:30 AM
maybe they spend all there money on groceries and give them to people less fortunate.... ya never know.

Accumulator
07-10-2005, 11:22 AM
By the sound of it, *they* are the "less fortunate", regardless of whether they have money to spend.

Same ol` same ol` - people get accustomed to something (in this case, poor hygiene) and eventally think it`s "normal" or "ok" :rolleyes:

Corey- Heh heh, "welcome to the real world" huh? Nothing like a job like that to make ya want to get a college degree and work in a field where you`re not dealing with such stuff all the time.

imported_pdsterns
07-11-2005, 07:01 AM
Did anyone see the bit on TV last week when the woman who was on stage with "Madonna" said she reeked like a smelly trout. Figure that one out?

SK2003TypeS
07-11-2005, 07:15 AM
Go pick up a mask and rubber gloves for yourself and your buddy at home depot or something. Next time they show up, tell them to hang on and put them on really slowly.

Corey Bit Spank
07-11-2005, 09:59 AM
By the sound of it, *they* are the "less fortunate", regardless of whether they have money to spend.

Same ol` same ol` - people get accustomed to something (in this case, poor hygiene) and eventally think it`s "normal" or "ok" :rolleyes:

Corey- Heh heh, "welcome to the real world" huh? Nothing like a job like that to make ya want to get a college degree and work in a field where you`re not dealing with such stuff all the time.

At least they are polite. Every once and a while I am cussed out. I really like that. :woohoo: I`d rather have stinky smelly customers than nasty ones with massive issues.

I need to start working days again. People at night are something else.

Spilchy
07-11-2005, 11:04 AM
People at night are something else.

Tell me about it. Going out in NY City and making my way home on public transportation at 2:00am can be either funny, crazy or down right dangerous. I usually find the cart with the conductor and ride with him.

Hey, the people stink. Whatta ya going to do? The country is filled with all sorts of folks. That`s what makes the world go around. Maybe it`s a cultural, religious thing that they don`t bathe like we do. I know when I was a kid in summer camp, the counslers from Europe SMELLED something fierce and the woman counslers were covered in hair in all the "wrong" places on top of bad hygiene. It`s a cultural thing I guess.

Corey Bit Spank
07-11-2005, 01:54 PM
lol possibly. Oh well I`ll just arm myself with OUST for when they leave.