PDA

View Full Version : London Bombings

Spilchy
07-07-2005, 06:52 PM
I feel I speak for many Americans when I say to all our friends in Great Britain that we stand united behind you in your time of need. I can`t tell you how sorry I am to see your innocent civilians targeted and terrorized the way they were.

Our two great nations will continue to remain steadfast and work together to defeat the global ideology of terror.

Time and again, history has proven our countries correct in our efforts to eliminate Facism, Nazism, the Iron Curtain and the slaughter in Bosnia. Once again history will be on our side showing how we worked to destroy terrorism and the medeival barbarism it preaches.

The fight will be long, hard and unconventional. But it`s our alliance, our freedoms, our civilized societies that will win this war.

The terrorists picked the wrong people in the Brits to pick a fight with. I only hope your weak-kneed neighbors will finally wake up and join, not hinder this global effort and understand their obligations to humanity.

These despicable, evil individuals understand one thing - the gun. They deserve to meet their demise at the end of one.

Again, my sincere sympathies lie with your people and I hope you find the courage to remain strong in this scary, uncertain situation.

:brit :hifive: :usa

1 Clean WS6
07-07-2005, 06:57 PM
Well said Seth and I agree completely.

Raven
07-07-2005, 07:35 PM
Couldn`t have said it better myself! :bigups :bigups

imported_Sullybob
07-07-2005, 08:17 PM
Very well said Seth, I completely agree.

imported_themightytimmah
07-07-2005, 08:30 PM
Yep, I just pray that the British deal with it the same way we did, and not the way the Spanish did. There is no negotiation, sympathy, therapy for those who act like this. Sounds like we need to start arming our guys with pork-tipped bullets.

Lexuslvr
07-07-2005, 08:59 PM
Well said!

As someone who was part of the Oklahoma City bombing, I understand exactly what the people of London are going through. You have my sympathies and my prayers!

:usa :brit

DSVWGLI
07-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Well said :ca

Scottwax
07-07-2005, 09:51 PM
The terrorists picked the wrong people in the Brits to pick a fight with. I only hope your weak-kneed neighbors will finally wake up and join, not hinder this global effort and understand their obligations to humanity.

:werd: The British armed services are seriously bad-a$$ and the British people aren`t the type to simply accept something like this.

My deepest sympathies to those who lost their lives today and to those who loved them.

Stevie_UKAccord
07-07-2005, 11:28 PM
Deepest condoloncies to anybody who was affected by the dispicable act :(

I dont live in London but I am around 20 miles from the G8 summit at the mo and because of these stupid eco-warrior protest numpties our police and anti terrorist squad were busy dealing with them which left London vunerable to any attacks.

Thanks for all the support from over the pond :hifive:

Richt
07-08-2005, 12:17 AM
A very very sad day for Britain, cheers for your kind words all.

Spent the whole day worrying about my sister and her boyfriend that both live in London, and the friends I have there. Phone lines couldnt cope with demand so it was hours before I could get through.

So far all are fine, both my sister and Ashley werent using public transport yesterday.

My thoughts go out to all those harmed and injured, and to those close to people thoses lives have been taken in a cowdly act against innocent lives. R.I.P

AndyC_1
07-08-2005, 01:01 AM
We seem to be geeting on with business as usual this morning. Mainline stations are all open bar Kings Cross and true British resolve is coming through.

My friends and family are all OK but sympathy has to go out to all those who weren`t so fortunate.

Let`s hope that one day we can all try to understand each other and collectively put an end to terror in whatever form it takes.

Alex Creasey
07-08-2005, 03:56 AM
Yeah, all seems business as usual.... Had a couple of family members who were very close when it happened but all seems fine.

Had to drive past Edgware Road last night and apart from the station being closed and lots of press outside the Hilton you would never have known above ground that anything had happened. Kings Cross was closed off but even just up the road in Camden it was all very normal.

A big well done to the emergency services and deepest sympathies to the families who may have lost someone yesterday.

m4xmw
07-08-2005, 08:50 AM
I`ll echo the comments made by everyone so far.

Manchester(near to me) received a huge bombing in different circumstances, but British people will not let this stop them in living and carrying on their everyday lives.

These terrorists will not win... ever.

Mark