PDA

View Full Version : Carnauba wax list?

Pages : [1] 2 3

blonzz
07-07-2005, 06:00 PM
I am putting together a list of caranauba paste waxes.

I am also putting together a collection of as many products to try on some of my cars. All are only driven occasionally and are always garaged and covered.

Could you list the wax as well as comments and experiences?

Thanks,

John

harvey
07-07-2005, 06:14 PM
PS21- great

Blitz One grand - excellent

tom p.
07-07-2005, 06:39 PM
YUM! Another vote for 1 Grand`s Blitz Wax....an exceptional value.

:drool:

chml17l
07-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Collinite: 476S and Insulator Wax

imported_themightytimmah
07-07-2005, 06:56 PM
"Old School" carnubas (good defect hiding, last forever)

Collinite #915 - classic look, sealant durability, not easiest to use

Collinite IW: liquid as opposed to #915 paste, great look, most durability of any carnuba

Meg`s #16 - a real winner, old school carnuba, great look. Too bad it`s outlawed.

One Grand Blitz - similar to #16, great wax

New School carnubas (not the most durable, more reflections than "old school")

Souveran - go to on perfectly prepped black + red

Blue Natty`s - very wet, good on less than perfect black, blue, etc, good hiding

FK1 Pink - my go to on light colors

S100 - easy to use, 2nd choice on lights

White Natty`s - bright, great shine

Meg`s #26 paste - not easiest to use, great glow on red though

Optimum car wax - its a spray, but you`d never know it. Anthony Orosco loves this stuff, he says it lasts like a paste too. I wouldn`t know, I usually retop it every wash.

Mediocre carnubas: (don`t bother with the below), IMHO

Meg`s Gold Class - mediocre

Mother`s California paste - decent, doesn`t compare to the above

lbls1
07-07-2005, 07:42 PM
You will get a million responses. Your best bet is to try three or four of the waxes you think will bring you results, and decide for yourself.

My wax choices are

1. "A Zymol Estate Wax"; The only wax that I trust with Car #1.

2. P21S: My favorite every day wax that goes on smooth but packs quite a punch. The signature wax for my daily driver.

Other safe waxes include:

Mother`s California Gold Pure Wax

Meguiars (several good carnauba blends; I`m not recommending the cleaner wax, since the list is for pure waxes only).

Pinnacle

Poorboy`s

Natty`s

MorBid
07-07-2005, 07:44 PM
What no Trade Secret?

imported_series1
07-07-2005, 07:55 PM
There is also DP Max Wax. CK Carnauba Moose and Poorboys EX also are carnauba waxes but are liquid.

imported_Sullybob
07-07-2005, 08:22 PM
S100 easy to use and you can get it at just about any Harley Davidson dealership.

steck
07-07-2005, 08:28 PM
judging by your choice of rides,, you shouldnt have to look any further than Souveran. put the best on them cars.

audipower
07-07-2005, 10:47 PM
to bring out darks no doubt about it`s P21S, but on light color and metallics paints Pinnacle

I use P21S on 3 Corvettes I detail (yellow, red and black).

Richt
07-08-2005, 12:36 AM
I find most carnubas on very well preped paint have very subtle differences.

On Black, I find Nattys, Clearkote Carnuba Moose Wax, P21s/S100, Souveran, Signature, Blitz, #26 or 16 all look very alike, and most take on the look greated by the poishes and glazes used in the prep. I find myself using Nattys, Clearkote Carnuba Moose Wax, P21s/S100, Souveran, Signature. The slight edge going to CMW or Souveran as they darken the paint slightly.

On lighter colours I have some will change the colour off the paint more, some give more gloss/reflective look, others look wetter. On my old light blue car Nattys, Clearkote Carnuba Moose Wax, P21s/S100 depending how I felt.

Due to the overall range of colours you have, I would get either P21s or Pinnacle Signature.

Pats300zx
07-08-2005, 04:09 AM
Nothing like Pinnacle Souveran on reds and blacks...

imported_Larry A
07-08-2005, 07:47 AM
I.M.O. #26 liquid , great look, easy to use,. good lasting. 845 IW great look,easy to use, great lasting, S100, great look, easy to use, ok lasting. This is what I like in carnubas.Of course there are better ones out there, but over all I like these the best.

percynjpn
07-08-2005, 09:15 AM
Best overall for general use/ great look and LONG-lasting(imho): BLITZ WAX.

Easiest to use and best overall look on light-med colors: S100/P21S.