PDA

View Full Version : Paintless Dent Removal

AutoNova
07-07-2005, 05:35 PM
I am slowly learning that PDR is a great way to make money. The people who own Fixx-A-Dent in this area do a great job and they make a killing. This would be one money making add on to my detail business. Does anyone here do PDR? Where are some good training places and what kind of money does it pay by hour?

A guy whose BMW I detailed last week had three small dents removed in 45 minutes and it cost him $214. :idea

harvey
07-07-2005, 05:52 PM
I think that this may be a franchise. You should as the guy who did your friends car.

AutoNova
07-07-2005, 05:54 PM
Yeah Fixx-A-Dent is a franchise, I detailed the guys BMW that had used their services.

imported_Jinba ittai
07-07-2005, 06:05 PM
I believe it`s quite pricey to buy the tools but I`d think it would make a fabulous compliment to a detailing business. I`ve thought about it myself. I think the trick is to get accounts at large dealerships as well as making individual housecalls. The PDR service I use comes to my house. I believe he works alone so you don`t have to be in a franchise.

I paid my PDR guy $125 to remove 2 dings last year and $80 to remove one ding this year. Less than an hour spent here each time. I know I`m in the wrong business. :grinno:

AutoNova
07-08-2005, 04:22 AM
Yeah, I think tha average PDR perso can make $65,000 a year if they want to.

Reflections1
07-08-2005, 06:36 AM
I am currently looking into courses. Rightlook.com told me that their 1` week 10 hour a day course is $1100.00

imported_themightytimmah
07-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Its pricey to get into, but put in the time and you`ll be well rewarded. It`s kind of like any other trade, you need to hone your skills on crappy cars for a year or two, but once you get good at it, the work/money ratio is unbelievable.

optical
07-22-2005, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the rightlook.com website. Just what I was looking for.

Anyone have comments on PDR kits being sold on ebay? They come w/ instruct videos. How does self train vs. the full courses offered on places like rightlook?

rollman
07-22-2005, 02:25 PM
I`ve been looking into this service for a while . Right now the best training IMO from talking with others is Paint Bull . As for the investment $5000 with training seems to be the industry rate. google the phase Paintless dent training you`ll come up with plenty of places . Another route for training might be hooking up with someone local in the business.

Thanks for the rightlook.com website. Just what I was looking for.

Anyone have comments on PDR kits being sold on ebay? They come w/ instruct videos. How does self train vs. the full courses offered on places like rightlook?

From time to time you can find good quality sets there , do some research on the PDR tool makers to find the quality tools. A-1 tools makes some real nice PDR tools.