PDA

View Full Version : which vac?

pdbba
07-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Ok guys, I`m looking to get a vac for the interiors, and was wondering what`s a good `un?

I was in the local machine mart last week, and they have earlex and vac king one`s there. Any good?

Also seen a dewalt one on ebay. dc500 i think.

Paul

AndyC_1
07-08-2005, 01:02 AM
Earlex fotr me Paul - works a treat but maybe a touch flimsy. Then again at less than £40 I can`t complain and Earlex are based about 6 miles from the office so spares aren`t a problem!

k80
07-08-2005, 02:05 AM
George for me Paul, PM also uses one and hasnt had a problem.

We both bought from Chemiclean and received 10 litres of Shampoo free

http://www.chemiclean.co.uk/George.htm

pdbba
07-08-2005, 11:52 AM
thanks guys.

Main reason i`m dilly dallying is....... if i use my oxy clean etc solution to clean the carpets, the straight vac will just suck that solution up, yeah?how`ve you found it Andy?

Whereas, with the george, wont that rinse it before sucking it up? Is that better?

K80,PM, please chime in.

or have i just got this all sucked up? lol

Paul

AndyC_1
07-09-2005, 12:49 PM
Errrrr, not sure mate!

I usually scrub whatever solution I`m using (usually Oxy or similar) then suck up with the vac. AFAIK it doesn`t rinse or anything, just extracts. I`ve fitted a foam type filter permanently which means I don`t have to switch between wet and dry vacuuming.

Hope this is of some use!

Lowejackson
07-09-2005, 01:07 PM
After using a shampoo I rinse first, wipe down and vac later on with a domestic vacuum

PhilS
07-09-2005, 02:45 PM
Anyone know how a Vax would compare to the George?

imported_lix
07-19-2005, 11:15 PM
I`ve heard good things about Alto wet & dry vac`s (link to first web store I found on Google (http://www.expresstools.co.uk/ishop/692/shopscr430.html)) but I have some saving to do! Stuck with a "Henry" at the minute, the younger brother to "George"

imported_pugoman
07-20-2005, 12:40 PM
thanks guys.

Main reason i`m dilly dallying is....... if i use my oxy clean etc solution to clean the carpets, the straight vac will just suck that solution up, yeah?how`ve you found it Andy?

Whereas, with the george, wont that rinse it before sucking it up? Is that better?

K80,PM, please chime in.

or have i just got this all sucked up? lol

Paul

Paul... I use a Henry for dry duties. I use the George for shampoo extraction. I`ve never used my George for dry duties - it stays permanently in wet mode so I don`t have to change things around during a detail.

I spray my shampoo via a spray bottle and scrub with an upholstery brush, then fill the George with hot/warm clean water and then proceed to extract and rinse in one hit using the trigger spray on the George.

Hope that makes sense?

pdbba
07-21-2005, 01:45 PM
yeah, thanks Pm.

How good would a steam cleaner be on the seats then? seen some of the karcher ones on ebay.

Paul

AudiDriver
07-22-2005, 01:53 PM
Hi,

I`ve looked at a few wet & dry vacs and the George was recommended to me but I still can`t decide ??

I think what I really want is to see a demo of how these vacs work?

Does anyone know of a web site that shows how these are used and how they work? I`d hate to buy one and find it`s no use.

So far I`ve just used the wife`s dry vac to clean out the dust etc but I now really need some means of giving the seats and carpets a good clean. (the foam cleaners I`ve used to date don`t seem to be able to do the job and leave the seats slightly damp and sticky)

Any advice would be gratefully received.

JJ_
07-29-2005, 04:09 PM
I bought the George and its brilliant, I am so happy with it.