PDA

View Full Version : Don`t know which QD to go with

imported_series1
07-06-2005, 09:34 PM
Hey guys I need some help on deciding which QD to go with. I have narrowed it down to Poorboys Spray and Gloss and CG Pro detailer with 1x carnauba. They both seem good and I don`t think I like one over the other except CG Pro detailer is less expensive then PB Spray and Gloss. I like PB Spray and Gloss cause the color just looks awesome. (I would be buying either in a gallon) Even if you have not tried these products just vote for one to help me decide.

P.S. Sorry for asking so many questions lately I just plan on placing a big order and just want to get my moneys worth.

imported_truzoom
07-06-2005, 09:51 PM
I honestly don`t think you`ll go wrong with either, as the community seems to have positive views on both. One thing though is I believe spray and gloss is intended as a quick detailer only, while the CG pro detailer is also a waterless wash (i think you can also request them to make it 3x carnauba).

imported_series1
07-06-2005, 10:34 PM
That is another thing I noticed. (One is a waterless wash) Will the 3x Carnauba just make it have more protection?

imported_series1
07-07-2005, 01:01 AM
34 views and nobody can vote for one just to help me decide? I don`t even care if you have tried either one.

a.k.a. Patrick
07-07-2005, 05:28 AM
Clearkote QS also..........

braindead
07-07-2005, 05:55 AM
:xyxthumbs

:woohoo:

PB`s S&G all the way, leaves a great finish.... It never disappoints....

Luck with your decision.

NB: For all my "Pommie" friends on this sad day:

:brit

Eliot Ness
07-07-2005, 06:45 AM
My favorite QD`s are S&G and QuikShine (ClearKote). I haven`t used the CG so I can`t comment on that product.

Rolla
07-07-2005, 07:36 AM
I have read nothing but good things about quickshine... I plan to buy some after I run out of Meguairs... BTW where are you buying in bulk from?

Scottwax
07-07-2005, 07:41 AM
Clearkote QS also..........

Same here but PB`s Spray and Gloss is pretty good too.

Big Leegr
07-07-2005, 08:24 AM
Haven`t tried the CG stuff, but the PB S+G does work well. It has some cleaning ability and adds its own shine to the finish. It can also be mixed with S+W for more cleaning power. One plus for the S+G would be that there is no carnauba in it, so you would be able to use it on both carnauba waxed and synthetic sealed paints without "worrying" about future bonding issues (if you`re that kind of worrier ;) ).

JustinR32
07-07-2005, 10:17 AM
I haven`t tried the CG, but the PB is really good. What I have to add is this:

I`ve tried maybe a dozen QDs, and I`ve liked them all, from the maroon bottle Meguiar`s through PB, CK, FD, CM, Sonus, 4*, #34, Griot`s, Mother`s, NXT... they`re all good. I haven`t found one yet that hasn`t done what it is supposed to, which is remove light containants and provide some "pop".

If I were you and couldn`t decide between these two, I`d pick the one that was easiest to get. If they were the same in that regard, I`d get the cheapest.

Tom

imported_themightytimmah
07-07-2005, 10:42 AM
I like em both, but I find that they each have their own disadvantages. The CG`s has less gloss, whereas the PB`s has less cleaning ability and it can streak real bad on occasion (a wipe with a dry MF usually fixes this, its just a minor PITA).

Right now, I`m using CG`s pink QD (comprable to Adam`s DS) as my go-to QD, and S+G for cruise nights, impressing girls :), etc. I`d suggest getting 16oz of S+G and a gallon of CG`s, save the S+G for showing off.

imported_series1
07-07-2005, 12:02 PM
I have read nothing but good things about quickshine... I plan to buy some after I run out of Meguairs... BTW where are you buying in bulk from? Well it looks like I may be going with S&G so probably Autogeek because I`m buying some other stuff from there as well. I will probably try Quickshine after I go through S&G and then try some of CG`s QD`s.