PDA

View Full Version : Can I use Meg #7 with AIO?

blackmillenia
07-06-2005, 08:07 PM
I was wondering if Megs #7 will work with AIO?

SidiousXXX
07-06-2005, 08:22 PM
No AIO will remove #7.

chevyguy28
07-06-2005, 08:22 PM
Hi there,

IMO, you wouldn`t want to use #7 before AIO, as AIO cleaners would remove anything #7 leaves behind. AIO also has a strong polishing action than any action #7 would provide.

So you would have to use #7 after AIO, and it will work fine. The only caveat is that you will be unable to top with Klasse SG, as it won`t bond over #7`s oils.

Hope that helps.

blackmillenia
07-06-2005, 08:32 PM
I was hoping to use #7 instead of SG because I am doing my car tomorrow and dont have3 any SG. I would put it on after i would put down the AIO. Would that be alright or would it hurt the overall shine?

JasonD
07-06-2005, 08:49 PM
Sure you can, it won`t hurt anything. Actually, it will probably make it look even better. :2thumbs:

SidiousXXX
07-06-2005, 08:51 PM
I was hoping to use #7 instead of SG because I am doing my car tomorrow and dont have3 any SG. I would put it on after i would put down the AIO. Would that be alright or would it hurt the overall shine?

Did you buy a bottle of #7 already?

chevyguy28
07-06-2005, 08:53 PM
That`ll work, but #7 won`t last very long compared to SG. The two products have different purposes however.

Accumulator
07-07-2005, 08:02 AM
Yeah, #7 should really be sealed in by topping with a wax. Left untopped, #7 will start to go away in a few days, and a heavy rain will take most of it off. It will need to be reapplied after a wash. By itself, #7 is really only a good idea for a showcar or something else that gets #7/driven or shown/redone. It`s a "weekend-long" LSP, durability-wise.

I`ve never tried #7 after AIO, but I can`t help but wonder if it won`t just float on top of the little bit of protection AIO leaves behind, making for a less-than-swell appearance. Or if the solvents in #7 will compromise the AIO with the same result.

I`d much rather use either AIO or #7, and top whichever one you use with a wax. In the absence of a wax, I`d expect the AIO to last a *lot* longer than #7 so I`d rather use AIO by itself.

Rolla
07-07-2005, 08:25 AM
BTW this is very informative about #7... I would only use it for car shows I guess.

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23740