PDA

View Full Version : Help with hazing

BigBoyinJersey
07-06-2005, 06:55 PM
[B]My mothers car has a spoiler on the back its in pretty bad shape and seen better days . Well i decided to try and make it look better so i went and bought mothers precleaner to try that out but it left terrible hazing on the spoiler but it was alot better looking at it from a distance. Was just curious what could have casued the hazing ? thanks B]

imported_tuffluck
07-06-2005, 07:04 PM
you probably used way too much of that product. i would give it a wash and see if the hazing dissipates.

imported_themightytimmah
07-06-2005, 07:07 PM
Maybe once you removed the oxidation, the fine scratches came through. A mild abrasive should clean it up. If you`re new to this, get Meguiar`s #80 from an autoparts store and use it by hand. If you have a PC, use #80 or SSR1 or OCP.

BigBoyinJersey
07-06-2005, 07:27 PM
Oh i forgot to mention i am doing this my hand if it makes a differance i used a foam pad to aplly the product .

Alfisti
07-06-2005, 08:12 PM
If its oxidation then try several application of the pre-cleaner on a small area and see how it comes up. It could simply be product build-up on the left-over oxidation.

As mentioned, it could also be product trapped in the fine surface imperfection that may require something more abrasive.

If the pre-cleaner doesn`t do it try Mothers Scratch Remover or Megs ScratchX by hand and see if it works. They`re not expensive, readily available, and do a good job by hand on small areas. :up